We are currently looking to recruit a Primary English as an Additional Language (EAL) Teacher, someone with a strong desire to work for a growing organisation who has an affinity with, and an interest in, teaching EAL to Primary children.
Successful candidates will be able:
- To provide creative and stimulating lessons that provide opportunities for all students to learn and make good progress;
- To promote high standards of work amongst the students;
- Plan interesting, learning focused EAL lessons;
- Teach according to the needs of the students in the class, differentiating for varying abilities;
- Have an ability to integrate technology within EAL teaching and learning;
- Provide in class support to enable children to access the curriculum;
- Design and suggest additional communicative language activities related to the classroom programme;
- Provide students with appropriate information that allows them to know where they are and what they need to do to improve upon within their taught/chosen language;
- Contacting parents on academic or social matters including follow up on reports, parent's meetings etc.
- The person appointed will work at the Junior campus, they must hold a full degree, qualified teaching certificate, CELTA preferable or equivalent;
- Have a minimum of two years recent experience of teaching English in a school or language centre;
- Knowledge of the EAL in the mainstream classroom.
- Able to work as part of a team;
- High level of IT competence.
- Excellent interpersonal and intrapersonal skills;
- High levels of personal integrity;
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to work under pressure and remain calm;
- Willingness to take on multiple tasks;
- Proactive and able to prompt others to ensure deadlines are achieved;
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic;
- Ability to work independently;
- Continually strive for improvement;
- Sense of humour.
Hold a current Enhanced Criminal Records Bureau Disclosure or equivalent for countries lived in outside of the UK.
Compliance with visa requirements for working in Vietnam.
Contract is renewable.
Competitive package in a highly reputable International Primary school.
Opportunities for professional and career development.
Closing date: 1 November 2018
If you are interested in this position please send a letter of application, an up-to-date CV in English with relevant degrees and certificates and the contact details of two referees via email to Ms Deirdre Grimshaw, Head Teacher, Junior Campus. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
(Only qualified candidates are invited for interview).
More information about British International School can be found on www.bisvietnam.com
We look forward to receiving your application.