Things were incredibly busy at the school over the summer holidays and I am pleased to report that the great majority of work that we undertook to improve our facilities has been completed. There are a small number of unfinished projects which will be completed very soon. Our children, upon returning to school, were very pleased with the improvements that we have made as indeed were our parents.
Over the holidays we also received news about the performance of our older students in IGCSE and IBDP examinations and the details are as follows:
- BIS average Diploma score: 36.4 Points (IB world average is 29.7 points)
- BIS Diploma pass rate: 100% (IB world average 80%)
- Highest score achieved by a BIS student : 45 points (This is the highest possible score and achieved by around 0.2% of students worldwide)
- BIS Diploma scores of 40+: 24%
The above IB average score is the second best performance in BIS history.
- 68% of grades achieved by our students were A*/A (UK average 22%)
- 89% of grades achieved by our students were A* - B
- 98% of grades achieved by our students were A* - C (UK average 66.3%)
- 5 or more passes at grades A* - C: 100%
- 5 or more passes at grades A* - C (Including English and Maths): 96%
- 23 students (19%) got A*/A in all their subjects.
- 47 students (39%) gained 8 or more A/A*
Once again we have surpassed ourselves as, overall, this is also the second best performance in BIS history.
What is also pleasing to report, is that the assessment data we have recorded for our Primary pupils shows that we are also achieving well above UK and international standards.
I am extremely proud of the above achievements by our students, along with the guidance and support given to them by our exceptional staff. Also, I am very grateful for the continued support of our parents as they play a vital role in the success of their children.
A great start to the 2018/19 academic year and I would like to take this opportunity to wish you all a wonderful weekend.
Anthony Rowlands, Principal