We are currently looking to recruit a highly motivated and dedicated Learning Support Assistant (LSA) (local hired expat) at the BIS HCMC Secondary Campus, 246 Nguyen Van Huong, District 2, HCMC.
- To support students with individual learning needs to overcome barriers to learning.
- Understand and be prepared to work with a range of different learning needs, with the emphasis on personalized learning and differentiation.
- Be familiar with students’ individual Learner Profiles and targets, outlining support for all LS students they work with on a regular basis.
- Assist in the delivery of lessons within Learning Support - to small groups or individual students (1:1) - to enable those students to better access the curriculum in their academic lessons and build independent learning skills.
- Provide support for groups of children as well as for individual students, within the classroom setting.
- Assist the classroom teacher with activities or creating resources to support differentiation for LS students.
- Provide information or advice to Teachers in supporting LS students you work with on a regular basis.
- Ensure that Access Arrangements are provided where students are entitled to this support (for tests as well as final exams), including invigilating tests or exams which require additional support or consideration.
- Assist in the recording and reporting on the progress and attainment of LS students in students’ records.
- Support the delivery of our afterschool Homework Club from 2.50-3.50pm four days per week.
- Assist in creating displays and resources within the LS Department.
- Two years plus experience in a Teaching Assistant or Teaching role.
- Experience working with SEN is an asset.
- Fluent in English
- Good working knowledge of Google applications (e.g. Drive, Docs, Sheets)
- Patient and willing to work with a range of abilities
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Willingness to work as part of the team
- Good record keeping and organisational skills
- Pro-active problem solver
- Hard working and committed.
- 7:30am to 4:00pm, 5 days a week.
- Periodically, it may be requested that you join meetings regarding students you support out of these house might be made (though this would be infrequent)
Closing date: by 30 April 2019
If you are interested in any positions please send a letter of application, an up-to-date CV in English including details of relevant degrees and certificates, a recent photograph and the contact details of two referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please state what position you are applying for in the subject line.
We look forward to receiving your application.