This new and innovative publication gives the reader a deep dive into key topics of education in a global world, such as emotional health in young people, the continued increase of the use of technology and the introduction of artificial intelligence in learning, and what education and wellbeing potentially could look like in the future.
Lord David Puttnam, Chairman, Nord Anglia’s Education Advisory Board said: “We're proud to unveil the first edition of INSIGHTS, which is filled with informative articles and expert opinions. Our mission is to shed light on the complexities of modern education as we all strive to prepare the next generation for a rapidly changing world’.
Ms. Amos Turner-Wardell, School Principal at Regents International School Pattaya, was excited when introducing the magazine to the school community. “I’m thrilled to introduce INSIGHTS, a brand-new digital publication by NAE that explores the subjects that really matters to young people and their parents when it comes to education. While reading through the interesting articles in Issue Nr 1, I cannot stop to think which hot topics that will be covered in the coming issues. I hope you’ll find it equally interesting and that the topics matters to you and your children through their educational journey.”
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT TO FIND UNDER THE COVER?
While new articles are launching regularly, at its launch INSIGHTS’ articles explore how families can better prepare the next generation for success in our rapidly changing world:
- 'In Pursuit of Happiness' delving into the essential role emotional wellbeing plays in the lives of our young learners, emphasising the role of emotional well-being for long term success. Various experts weigh in on the importance of family and schools promoting happiness, suggesting it may be a more significant predictor of adult well-being than academic achievement.
- The Fourth Education Revolution' pushes us to ponder the transformative potential of artificial intelligence in education and argues that AI could revolutionise education by offering more personalised learning experiences. It suggests that AI can address issues like social inequality, a student mental health while also relieving teacher workload.
- Life in the Skills Locker' takes a turn towards the importance of soft skills, urging us to think beyond traditional academic metrics. This article highlights the importance of skills such as emotional intelligence and critical thinking for future success. Schools are gradually incorporating STEAM and problem-solving projects to prepare students for a rapidly changing world.
- 'Knowledge is Power?' questions the evolving role of memorisation in our age of information abundance. While foundational knowledge is essential the emphasis is on developing agile learners who can apply their knowledge in real world contexts.
- 'Social Purpose. Real World Value or Virtual Signalling?' challenges us to reconsider what authentic social impact looks like in educational settings. Driven by Gen Z’s interest in social and environmental causes, institutions are offering resources for impactful student-led initiatives.
In addition to its collection of thought-provoking articles, INSIGHTS also serves as a platform to share the latest research findings in education, interviews with educational leaders, and opinion articles as well as teaching and learning best practices.
Read INSIGHTS online here and subscribe to stay up to date with the latest innovations and ideas shaping the future of education.