We are dedicated to maintaining the highest standards of education. Our high quality learning approach ensures that we help every child achieve excellence, and to emerge with a healthy understanding of the world that comes from an international school education.
Thanks to the hard work of our students and teachers, La Côte International School continues its remarkable academic track record with excellent results.
Highlights from the 2018-2019 academic year include:
- For the fifth year running, all LCIS International Baccalaureate students have achieved a 100% pass rate at IB Diploma level. A glowing result compared to the world IB pass rate of 77.4%.
- 1 in 3 students in our graduating class of 2019 achieved a bilingual IB Diploma
Your child will have the opportunity to help shape a world that is full of opportunities. These opportunities could appear anywhere, and we will equip every child with the confidence and open-mindedness to pursue their dreams, wherever that may take them.
Through our Global Campus initiative, your child will meet fellow students from 66 Nord Anglia Education schools across the globe, participate in exchanges and take part in challenges.
They will learn and grow in a truly international environment, learning to embrace different cultures, adapt to new challenges and apply confidence, character and enthusiasm to any problem. We believe a child should emerge from school with strong self-esteem as well as excellent grades. They will know how to collaborate, to lead, and to recognise the value of creativity, empathy, risk-taking and perseverance.
About Nord Anglia Education: a truly international education
Nord Anglia Education offers a true "international school" experience. Your child will be encouraged to develop confidence in social situations, an understanding and respect for a range of global cultures, and the confidence to behave with character and embrace opportunities anywhere in the world.
Your child will collaborate and compete with students of other Nord Anglia Education schools worldwide through the Global Campus initiative, which is made up of online interactions, visits and trips. They will also be encouraged to play a role in the local Swiss community through excursions and activities.
Nord Anglia Education (NAE) is the world’s leading premium schools organisation, with campuses located in the Americas, Europe, China, Southeast Asia, India and the Middle East. Every parent wants the best for their child — so do we.
NAE schools deliver high quality, transformational education and ensure excellent academic outcomes by going beyond traditional learning. Our global scale enables us to recruit and retain world-leading teachers and to offer unforgettable experiences through global and regional events, while our engaging learning environments ensure all of our students love coming to school.
Highlights of Nord Anglia Education academic results for the 2018/19 academic year
International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP)
- This year’s average diploma score across NAE was 10 per cent higher than the global average.
- Our groupwide average IB diploma score was 33 points out of 45, surpassing the 2018 average of 30.
- 34 NAE schools offered the IB diploma this year, with 1269 students sitting the exam.
- More than 130 students across the family of schools achieved more than 40 points out of 45.
- We also had four students achieve the perfect score of 45.
International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE)
- 50.1 per cent of grades at the equivalent of A*/A (grades 7-9 in the new GCSE framework), compared to 20.6 per cent of students across the UK achieving the same results.
- 39 per cent of grades at A*/A, well above the global average of 25.2 per cent.
- 63.8 per cent of grades were A*/B for the year, also well above the global average of 51.1 per cent.
"These outstanding results demonstrate NAE’s commitment to providing transformational learning opportunities for every child. Our students achieve more than ever thought possible. At NAE we aim to help students reach their full potential and equip them with the skills and mind-set to thrive in a changing world. Congratulations are due not only to our students, but also to our dedicated, world-leading teaching staff who have helped contribute to these tremendous results."
Andrew Fitzmaurice, Chief Executive Officer of Nord Anglia Education