An International Program
The International Baccalaureate (IB) is a passport to the world, encouraging students to be internationally-minded through the acquisition of global perspectives, universal human values and cultural awareness. Through the development of traits and attitudes to learning, IB students are able to successfully engage with people in an increasingly globalized and rapidly changing world.
The IB programs incorporate the best research and practice from a range of national and international models. It provides children with a relevant and engaging curriculum framework that is used in all IB schools around the world, no matter in which country the school is located.
Research shows that PYP and MYP students outperform students from other programs, and that DP students are favored for admissions in some of the highest ranking universities around the world.
Benefits to Our School Community
The development of explicit attitudes and the expectation of socially responsible behavior is an essential element of the program. The attitudes we focus on are: appreciation, commitment, confidence, cooperation, creativity, curiosity, empathy, enthusiasm, independence, integrity, respect and tolerance.
- Are balanced, well-rounded individuals who learn to respond to challenges with confidence and open-mindedness
- Have a higher sense of fairness, respect and justice
- Respect the views, values, and traditions of other individuals and cultures
- Build confidence in managing their own learning
- Have a deep understanding of environmental, cultural and global challenges
- Develop a commitment to act as responsible global citizens