This week we held a Mufti Day, wearing red instead of our usual school clothing. Not only did the children from F1 through to Year 6 pay a small amount of money to wear red clothes instead of their school uniform, but the adults in the school paid to wear red too!
Friday’s mufti day helped us to focus on the Global Goal of “Quality Education for All” and raised a substantial amount of money for our ongoing community projects to support local schools. We will be able to announce the total amount of money raised next week, so please look out for an update on the Hub.
Earlier in the week we hosted the Primary girls’ city basketball championships. I need to ask Tors for some details or ask her to write something for the hub.
The sports fixtures that our Primary children have been involved in this term have been great preparation for our Sports Mornings which are taking place over the next two weeks.
U11 Girls Basketball City Championships
Sports Mornings in the Primary School
Over the next two weeks we will be holding our sports mornings outside on the field and I know that the children would love to have their parents there cheering them on, so please come along at 08:30 on the following dates:
· EYFS Sports Morning on Tuesday 1st December
· Year 1 and 2 on Wednesday 2nd December
· Year 3 and 4 on Tuesday 8th December
· Year 5 and 6 on Thursday 10th December
How to help support your child for their Sports Morning:
1. Ensure they have their hat and water bottle at school
2. Check that they are wearing their house T shirt
3. Year 1 – Year 6 children must wear their PE kit with their house T shirt
4. EYFS children should wear sensible shoes for running
5. Come along too! You are encouraged to wear running shoes in case there is time for a parents’ race or tug of war!
We look forward to seeing you in school over the next couple of weeks.
Sports Day’s photos from last year: