EYFS and KS1 Sports Mornings
This week we held our first two sports mornings. Thank you to the many parents who came along to support their children. On Tuesday, the Early Years children tried their best to run, jump or hop, balance and throw during their Sports Morning. Teachers, Teaching Assistants and parents gave them lots of encouragement and support whilst they took part in 6 different activities, differentiated according to the age of the child. From filling containers with water and balancing beanbags on their head to throwing balls into a bucket or persevering to move through the obstacle course, our youngest children enjoyed themselves enormously.
On Wednesday, the Year 1 and Year 2 children had lots of fun participating in the following activities for the first hour of the morning:
· Treasure Island
· Rolling Ball
· Balance Beam
· Leap Frog
These activities were fun, colourful and allowed the children to practise balancing, throwing, aiming, running and jumping.
After a short break, running races for all children were held and finally a tug of war took place between the parents’ team and teachers’ team. The parents won (again!)
Throughout the morning the children earned points for their House teams and the final results were as follows:
1st Hue with 640 points
2nd Dalat with 545 points
3rd Saigon with 512 points
4th Hanoi with 492 points
Congratulations to Hue house!
KS2 Sports Mornings in the Primary School
Next week we will be holding our sports mornings for Key Stage 2 outside on the field and I know that the children would love to have their parents there cheering them on, so please come along at 08:30 on the following dates:
· Year 3 and 4 on Tuesday 8th December
· Year 5 and 6 on Thursday 10th December
How to help support your child for their Sports Morning:
1. Ensure they have their hat and water bottle at school
2. Check that they are wearing their PE kit with their house T shirt
3. Come along too! You are encouraged to wear running shoes in case there is time for a parents’ race or tug of war! Also, do wear a house T shirt to support your child’s house team if you have one.
We look forward to seeing you in school next week.
More updates from Primary:
· Primary Eco Garden – A Delicious, Green Success!
· Community Mufti Day Fundraising Update