Last year’s BVIS students achieved some of our best results ever and in the process achieved some of the best results in Vietnam. 25 students graduated last year and
24% of BVIS graduates are heading off to one of the top 50 universities in the world, including two to the top ranked university in Canada and one to the top ranked university in Australia. An amazing achievement!
The system of external examination at BVIS is the most widely used international qualification system in the world and students have been able to go onto these universities because they have completed their studies at BVIS and gained these world recognised qualifications. In some cases, these qualifications have allowed them to gain university credits and skip some of their first year courses at university.
For the Fourth year running BVIS students have achieved outstanding results at IGCSE and AS and International A Level that far exceed both UK and international averages. Some of our students gained the highest marks in Vietnam for their results and these are:
Top in Vietnam – June 2017 examination series
- Cambridge International AS Level – Physic – Lam Tien Long
Best Across – June 2017 examination series
- Best Across Three Cambridge International A Levels – First place – Tran Phuong Uyen
High Achievement – June 2017 examination series
- Cambridge International A Level – Geography – Ngo Thanh Lam
- Cambridge International A Level – Physics – Tran Phuong Uyen
- Cambridge International AS Level – Computer Science – Lam Tien Long
- Cambridge International AS Level – Geography – Nguyen Tan Bao
- An amazing 38% of students received at least 5 A*-A grades, with almost half of all grades across the IGCSEs being of this level.
- We had a 100% pass rate at IGCSE
- 90% of students received at least 5 A*-C grades overall;
- 88% of students received at least 5 A*-C grades including English and maths, the standard expected across the world for many careers, and a 6% increase from last year;
At International A level:
- Every subject area outperformed A level results in the UK and internationally.
- At AS level, 24% of all grades were an A grade, the highest possible at that level;
- At A Level, 24% of grades were A*-A, higher than UK and international averages for this year;
- 69% of all grades were at C grade or above;
As you can see our students have achieved excellent results that have set them up to do extremely well at university and in their careers and you can be confident that you are sending your child to one of the best schools not only in Vietnam, but across the world!
Head of Secondary