Our Virtual School Experience has been designed to meet every student’s social, emotional, creative, physical and cultural needs.
Each Virtual Secondary School day is an engaging one that brings every aspect of our curriculum to life, with plenty of opportunities for our students to interact with their teachers and classmates. Our virtual school rigorously prepares our students for their international exams, and a life beyond graduation, with bespoke guided study and dedicated support from our world-class teachers. Our approach includes innovative, interactive lessons and activities in lesson for students to develop their understanding.
What can you expect?
A team of committed specialist teachers will deliver personalised lessons designed to keep students engaged with the teacher and motivated to learn more with their classmates, as well as foster their independence and confidence. Our online environment creates strong relationships in the classroom between teachers and students to make moving between off-screen and online activities seamless.
Our Secondary School (Years 7–13), including the Sixth Form (Year 12-13) virtual lessons include:
1. Real-time lessons through a safe and secure platform
2. A full regular timetable to not only ensure that students maintain progress, but to also provide the routine and structure that are so crucial to learning. This includes PE, Performing Arts and PSHE (with a wellbeing focus)
3. Access to a range of carefully curated digital resources to enhance learning at home and in the classroom. These include Microsoft Teams and Microsoft OneNote to facilitate video lessons, and share resources, tasks, progress and feedback.
- Whiteboard and Explain Everything, Padlet and Nearpod. Some teachers use these platforms to share information while teaching and make the online learning experience interactive and interesting like it would be in a classroom
- Bedrock, to build language skills and vocabulary
- First News to support with reading
- Sparx Maths to set and give students feedback on their maths
This is not a full list of resources available to students in all subjects, but instead gives you a flavour of the rich support available to students to support them in their learning progress.
4. A balance of online and offline learning delivered by world-class teachers, who have spent the last two years receiving training and support to be able to deliver the highest quality teaching and feedback in an online learning environment
5. Regular, personalised feedback and high-quality, interactive assignments
6. Opportunities for collaboration in teams, as well as independent and focused study time to develop essential skills and nurture curiosity
7. Access to a huge range of enriching activities that allows students to continue their learning, and challenge themselves whilst having fun beyond the lessons through Global Campus
We also offer:
- Specialist learning and language support for students who require extra guidance
- Additional Co-Curricular Activities to enhance the core curriculum (such as PE/Health, Dance, Karaoke, daily tips and challenges, STEAM challenges, and weekly House Challenges)
- A wide-range of Extra-Curricular Activities (ECAs) that student can engage in outside of lessons.