Our school has been working very hard to build an excellent swimming programme which offers a full range of swimming teaching and coaching to all ability levels. The success of the programme is because we have attracted such high quality swimming teachers and coaches lead by Khun X our Head of Swimming and aquatic activities.
Over the last few years and this first term the additional fees paid for swimming sessions have allowed us to employ these extra swimming teachers to offer the programmes. We have reviewed this and feel it is the right time to reduce the cost of the swimming sessions by applying the fees to all of the sessions we offer so everyone involved in the swimming programme contributes to paying the staff required to run it. Therefore the following charges will be applied for the swimming programme following the sign up for the Term 2 programme.
As part of our ongoing effort to improve our ECA swimming programme, we would like to inform you of the following changes for next term (Term 2, 2016-17).
You will be able to view the Swim Squad training timetable on Tuesday, 22 November 2016. The sign up date will be Thursday, 24th November 2016.
Sign ups will be divided into 4 groups with each group having a different time slot to sign up via Moodle to ensure a smoother sign up. The four groups are:
- Elite & Black Gold – sign up time: 7pm
- Silver & Bronze – sign up time: 7:30pm
- Development & Mini Marlins – sign up time: 8pm
- Learn to Swim and KG Learn to swim groups will sign up along with the ECAs. These will use a new preference-based system, which will open for 5 days from Thursday, 24th November – Monday, 28th November.
The pricing for Elite, Black/Gold, Silver/Bronze, Development & Mini Marlins Squads is as follows:
- Morning session (7:00-7:40am): 1000 bht/session/term
- Afternoon session (2:45-3:45pm): 1500 bht/session/term
- Afternoon session (3:45-4:45pm): 1500 bht/session/term
- Afternoon extended session (2:45-4:15pm): 1700 bht/session/term
For example, Monday morning + Wednesday Afternoon extended sessions are 2700 bth/term
The pricing for KG Learn to Swim and Learn to Swim is as follows:
- 3500 bht/session/term , for 2 sessions 6000 bht/term, for 3 sessions 9000 bht/term
- To ensure the quality of training and development of student’s skills, time trials will be held once a year at the end of Term 1 (Monday, 7th - Friday,18th November during their training period)
- Swimmers who are not a part of the ECA Programme are also welcome to do time trials, please contact the swimming office to book the date and time
- To manage all students more effectively, students may move up or move down a squad depending on whether they meet the time trial standard of each squad
Selection Criteria for Participation in Swimming Competitions:
- To be selected for major competitions swimmers must enter the following 3 events; STA Swim Champ, Marlins Mayhem and Intra squad competition.
- The top 6 of boys and girls of each event and each age group will be invited to participate at major competitions such as FOBISIA Swimming Championship, ISB Swim Fest and BISP Flying Fish. Swimmers ranked 7-10 will be going to TISAC League Competitions.
- Students will not be allowed to cancel their sessions after Week 2 of training unless medical advice is provided to the coaches and Accounts Department.
- Students who do not attend at least 50% of the total sessions/term, are not allowed to sign up the following term.
- Parents who want to cancel their child's sign up for swimming must complete the cancellation form (available on Moodle)
- Many of our previous swimming policies will continue along with these additional policies
Should you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact the Swimming Department at email@example.com