St. Andrews International School Bangkok prides itself on the fact that our teachers know their children very well. The atmosphere in the classes is one of warmth and security, a place where children should grow in confidence to take on even more challenging work and activities. Teachers work hard to create this stimulating environment through displays and ongoing work and topics studied. The following is a summary of expectations teachers have on themselves across our school.
The Special Educational Needs Teacher is expected to provide an appropriate and effective range of support for children who have additional learning needs by placing the children in mainstream classes, coordinating a multidisciplinary approach, implementing structured IEPs in consultation with specialists and teachers identifying and addressing these specific needs.
Reports to: Head of Early Years Foundation Stage and Key Stage 1
Below is the basic list of responsibilities. Your job contracts may have additional responsibilities.
- Effective communication between all parties involved with the education of an individual child with learning needs to ensure everyone is aware of issues being raised and solutions.
- Working closely with other relevant specialists (e.g. educational psychologists, occupational therapists and in conjunction with the Head of Phase).
- Preparing (in conjunction with specialists and Class Teacher), implementing, monitoring and reviewing IEPs and therefore student progress.
- To conduct reviews and meet formally and informally with parents, teachers and specialists to discuss children’s progress and to provide parents with written reports in accordance with school policy.
- Develop programmes to meet the needs of individuals and groups of children with learning and other needs.
- To support the Head of Phase in keeping the provision map up-to-date.
- Developing appropriate documentation regarding Learning Support policy and procedure.
- Maintaining and developing adequate record keeping procedures in keeping with school policies and good educational practices.
- Employing appropriate differentiated teaching methods to facilitate learning in accordance with age/stage and needs of your students.
- To support Class Teachers in providing for the needs of children with learning and other needs.
- Helping, through the work of learning support to make the School a welcoming and stimulating environment that will encourage children to actively participate in all that is required of them.
- To participate in professional development sessions, as arranged by the School.
- To implement procedures adopted by the School and readily adapt in response to developments and new initiatives.
- To promote the work of the Learning Support Department through INSET for teaching staff and information sessions for parents.
- To support Learning Support Assistants in their planning.
- To attend staff meetings and cooperate with other colleagues in all aspects of curriculum development and the cooperate running of the School.
- To support promotional activities associated with the advancement of the School.
- To be an ambassador for the School in the wider local and global community.
All teachers are also expected to contribute positively to the extra-curricular programme, which runs after school, offering an Extra-Curricular Activity that either supports or extends the students’ learning, or from another area of interest. Our school has a good reputation of supporting children with special educational needs and experience of teaching children with ADHD, mild autism, dyslexia etc. would be very good prior experience for a teacher wishing to join our team.
The closing date for application is 1st February 2016.
If you would like to apply for a position at our school please complete the application process through Jobtrain, accessible via the Careers page on the Nord Anglia Education website: https://www.nordangliaeducation.com/careers/.
If you require any further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
St. Andrews International School Bangkok
9 Pridi Banomyong 20/1, Sukhumvit 71
Watthana, Bangkok, 10110 Thailand