St Andrews School Bangkok is an international school that believes in a fully inclusive education. In addition to mainstream learners, we cater for children with Special Educational Needs and are looking for a caring professional with relevant experience and qualifications in the area of special education.
The successful candidate will be:
A qualified Special Needs Educator who would be responsible for providing individual, small group and classroom based experiences to pupils with learning disabilities, supporting them to access and engage in the mainstream curriculum where appropriate.
They will need to have:
Worked with Primary aged SEN children with specific learning difficulties such as Asperger’s syndrome, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and Down's Syndrome and be willing to work with physically disabled pupils, and those with psychological, emotional and social disabilities.
Knowledge of specialist equipment and software would be beneficial.
The work as SEN educator at St. Andrews is varied and challenging and the successful candidate will show:
- Commitment to working with children with special education needs, thinking creatively and innovatively when designing and implementing educational programs
- An ability to work closely, sensitively and confidently with parents on a range of issues relating to a child’s progress and needs.
- A willingness to structure and manage safe learning environments which are stimulating and modified to suit individual learning styles.
- An ability to collaborate with other professionals, such as speech and language therapists, physiotherapists and or educational psychologists through a transdisciplinary model.
- The flexibility to respond to the needs of the children and adapt or change plans accordingly.
Education and experience.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in the appropriate field and minimum 2 years’ experience.
- Experience in assessing learning disorders
- Experience in education special needs students
- Proven effective classroom and students positive behaviour management skills
- Knowledge of currents special education practice and methodologies
- Knowledge of tracking behaviour and episodes of severity and engagement level
- Knowledge of addressing sensory issues.
St Andrews is committed to ensuring the safety of all our students, and expects all staff to share the same commitment (see our Child Protection Code of Conduct). No teacher will be appointed without at least two references, including one from the most recent employer, a ten year criminal record check and relevant regional Prohibition Order/DBS checks.
If you would like to apply for a position at our school please complete the application process through Jobtrain, accessible via the Nord Anglia Education website:
If you require any further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is 10th January 2020, with applications being reviewed as they are received.
St. Andrews International School Bangkok
9 Pridi Banomyong 20/1, Sukhumvit Soi 71
Watthana, Bangkok, 10110 Thailand