Pridi 20 Entrance Closing
Unfortunately, despite our best efforts, the traffic situation hasn’t improved. Soi 20 has been overused as a drop off and pick up point and parking in the sub-sois by members of our community continues to block residents from entering and leaving their homes when they need to.
To maintain our good relationship with the neighbours and take affirmative steps to resolve the traffic issues in the Soi, as of Monday 5th October, the gate at Pridi 20 will be closed. At a later date, we will be changing the entrance so that entry will only be available to people with RFID cards. Nevertheless, children will still not be able to be dropped off or picked up in the Soi. Cars from the STA community will no longer be permitted to park in the Soi.
Instead, families and their drivers will have to make use of drop off and pick up facilities in the Main Car Park (for KS2 this is in front of the car park), the parking at Suk 71 (Pridi 24), or the free ‘park and ride’ shuttle bus service from Max Value on Sukhumvit 71.
International Week is coming!
Already some year groups are buzzing with excitement as the activities for our international celebrations get underway. Teachers will already be in touch with you about what will be on offer to your children over the next few weeks.
A couple of key reminders:
- Y1 and Y2 children should come to school in their National Dress on Wednesday 30th September - the day of their assembly.
- Y1 and Y2 should wear the colours of their flag on Friday 2nd October as they enjoy the International Food Hall.
- Children in Foundation Stage should wear their National Dress on Friday 2nd October.
- All food for the KS1 International Food Hall should be brought to the Sports Hall on the morning of Friday 2nd where it will be prepared by the country volunteers. Food for the Foundation Stage students should be taken to your child’s classroom.
We realise that this year some parents will not be able to join us for these events so have arranged for professional photographers to join us for the week, and we will be sharing all of the photographs with you. We will also be taping the assemblies and sending you edited footage that you can share at home with your family.
Transport and Parking next week
Please consider the Max Value and Gateway Shuttle services if visiting school next week. Some additional buses have been added to schedule on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday but please allow lots of time for your journey as it will be very busy.
Picking up your child after ECAs
We have made a great start to the ECA year with hundreds of children taking part in a wide range of activities across the week. All children who use the bus service are collected from the ECA venue at the end of the ECA and taken to their buses. Below is a reminder of the pick up arrangements for other students.
Children not attending ECAs
- Foundation Stage to Year 1: Parents pick up from children’s class
- Year 2: Parents pick up at small canteen - T- building
Children attending ECAs
Foundation Stage and KS1 ECAs (Not Sports)
- Foundation Stage and KS1 children will be taken to their clubs by a member of staff they know well. At the end of the club, they should be collected from the ECA venue and signed out by the parent on the ECA Provider’s register. This way we know who has collected them. Children who are not picked up will be taken to the office, where parents will be contacted.
- If your child has a sports ECA that starts at 3.45 pm they must be supervised by parents or guardians from the end of school until the start of their ECA.
KS1 Sports ECAs
- If your child has a Sports ECA in the Red Room please pick them up from the T Block canteen.
- Children with a Sports ECA in any other venue should be collected from the Main canteen near the big pool.
- Parents/Guardians will sign for their child with the ECA Provider when they are collected.