Job Description (roles & responsibilities)
The role holder will have a broad overview of the organisation and school activities and be responsible to ensure the organisation to meet its finance objectives.
To follow school finance policy and procedure ensuring all finance functions are completed minimizing risks of debt management. To provide professional finance services to all families and stakeholders.
1) Customer Services /Family Support
In partnership with the team, build positive proactive relationships with school families, being the main point of contact (none academic) in one key stage area. Support the team across the School operations
- Responding in a timely manner to emails addressing finance related queries and resolving issues and questions providing accurate information in a timely manner.
- Answering telephone enquiries from families providing information and signposting when required.
- Assist families visiting the finance office.
- Proactive communication ensuring families are kept up to date with all relevant finance information.
- Resolve first line complaints or queries escalating when required to Assistant Finance Manager/ Finance Manager.
- Liaise with all relevant departments to ensure that all finance functions are supported.
- Identify, review and implement the service improvement.
2) Billing/ Accounting
- Complete Invoice and reporting activities according to agreed timelines.
- Preparation of documents supporting the monthly close process and month end balances.
- Ensure that the invoices are issued according to finance policy.
- Manage and complete all accounting and month end reports.
- Assist with a year-end financial statement report.
- Assist the Finance and Account Manager in any other ad-hoc matters
To follow our school finance policy and procedure ensuring all finance functions are completed minimizing risks of debt management.
- Complete collection and reporting activities according to agreed timelines.
- Monitor customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities.
4) Key stakeholder management
- Responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with key accounts creating and maintaining a positive professional and trusting work environment.
- Working collaboratively to ensure that individual requirement
- Health & Safety
- Be aware and follow of all Health & Safety guidelines, participating in Fire alarms and lockdown alerts as required.
- Participate in the annual performance review process.
- Complete all mandatory training as required.
- Ensure knowledge and skills are maintained refreshing when required.
- Approachable team player
- Works collaboratively building effective partnerships across a range of stakeholders
- Demonstrates resilience.
- Customer service focus with a drive to improve the quality of service.
- Responsive innovative seeking opportunities to create effective change.
St Andrews is committed to ensuring the safety of all our students, and expects all staff to share the same commitment.(see our Child Protection Code of Conduct).
No applicant will be appointed without at least two references, including one from the most recent employer, a ten year criminal record check and relevant regional Prohibition Order/DBS checks.
Interested candidates, please submit a letter of application and full details of their CV.