Whether you meet them at a college fair or on a campus visit, university reps genuinely enjoy talking to high school students and answering questions about their school. The following questions will help start a good dialogue:
1. What makes your university unique?
2. What academic programs is your school most known for?
3. How would you describe the students who go there? Where do most of them come from?
4. Where do students hang out on campus?
5. What happens on weekends- are there things to do on campus or in town, or do most students go home?
6. Are fraternities and sororities a big part of campus life?
7. What are the housing options for first year students?
8. Do many students live off campus?
9. Is there a sports complex or fitness center?
10. What are the most popular clubs and activities?
11. What’s the security like on campus?
12. What’s the surrounding area like? Is it easy to get around?
13. What are the most popular majors?
14. How would you describe the academic pressure and workload?
15. What support services are available (academic advisors, tutors, etc)?
16. Do I need to bring my own computer?
17. What are the faculty like? How accessible are they outside of class?
18. Are there internship opportunities?
19. Is there job placement help for graduates?
20. Are there any big changes in the works I should know about?