This role is responsible for the troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of the computer hardware, software, Wi-Fi and peripherals at the British International School of Boston, and the provision of technical support to staff and students for all school hardware and software issues. The person in this position must be committed to diversity, understand the importance of professional involvement in community life, and interested in advancing 21st century teaching methods using IT.
● Troubleshoot and provide technical support for School hardware: e.g. Desktop PC, laptops, printers, LCD projectors, Apple TV’s, IPads, SMART boards…
● Setup and configure hardware and install/update software on school computers.
● Troubleshoot network and Wi-Fi problems – liaising with NAE technical support team for solution of complex issues.
● Advise and contribute to plans for development of hardware, software and Wi-Fi provision to support learning and growth in use of computers/devices and internet.
● Manage & respond to user requests, providing appropriate feedback, and all work carried out.
● Maintain a Hardware and Software inventory.
● Create and Reimage (Ghost) new and existing desktops and laptops.
● Provide end-user support to all staff.
● Check and ensure all printers are working and ready for use, maintain printer supplies (toner), replace toner and fix jams, upscale complex printer problems to the printer support service
● Provide support for the Merlin Phone system, and the electronic door lock/unlock system.
● Setup sound system & IT equipment for Special Events.
● Perform any other related duties as assigned by members of Senior Leadership Team or the Head of ICT & e-Learning
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified, to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills , Experience, Qualifications
● A degree in computer science or related field, or relevant technical certification.
● Experience with Laptop and Desktop hardware in a maintenance and support capacity.
● Experience working in a Help Desk role delivering technical support
● Experience of MS Office/Outlook 2010/13 and Office 365.
● A working knowledge of WIN 7, 8; Mac OS X, Microsoft Server 2008, Active Directory Tools, Ethernet switched wired and wireless networks, TCIP/IP address and routing.
● Basic knowledge of Routers, Switches and Controls along with a basic understanding of Firewalls
● Experience in effective communication and customer service
● Experience in organizing equipment and in documenting procedures/solutions
● Knowledge and experience of AV Equipment.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Duties are performed in the IT Support Specialist office, though may be carried out in an alternative room as appropriate. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be occasionally exposed to various lighting conditions, dust and pollen, electrical shock.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb; bend; stoop; kneel; twist/turn; push/pull and lift equipment up to fifty (50) pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Duties are normally performed in an office/classroom environment.
Supervises: Helpdesk technicians as and when they are called in
Reports to: Head of ICT & e-Learning
Salary: $45,000-55,000 depending on qualifications and experience
Applications: Please send CV/Resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Friday Nov 13
The British International School of Boston reserves the right to update, revise or change this job spec and related duties at any time.