The British International School Budapest prides itself on the breadth of education it provides and recognises that learning does not only take place in the classroom. Our Co-Curricular Learning (CCL) programme is an integral part of the ethos of our school, providing students with an opportunity to enhance their personal development, deepen their interests and broaden their horizons.
We are committed to ensuring that the Co-Curricular Activities (CCAs) we offer are genuinely developmental, purposeful and enriching, encouraging students to extend their learning in areas not necessarily provided for in the formal curriculum. At the British International School Budapest, we are keen to ensure that we know all our students as individuals. Through this we can help them to find their talents and passions. We hope that your child will find several activities that appeal to them whatever their interests may be.
We have categorised our CCAs into six groups:
- Physical Recreation
- Performing Arts
- STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics)
- Language and Culture
- Creativity Activity Service
Each category has its own page in this brochure and contains a summary of the characteristics of the CCAs and their generic aims, as well as the key information on each CCA within that category. We strongly advise that all students commit to at least two CCAs per week and that they try to select CCAs from more than one category.
Most of the activities in our CCL programme are led by members of staff and are free of charge. Activities run by external providers incur a cost, as do activities that use an off-site venue and this is clearly marked in the brochure. Further details regarding payments and student collection times for these off-site CCAs will be provided as necessary.
The Co-Curricular Activity (CCA) brochure detailing our new Term 1 programme for the Secondary school for 2020-2021 can be found below.
Our Co-Curricular Activity (CCA) programme for Term 1 will commence on Monday 7th September
Registration for CCAs
- To sign up your child for CCAs, you must complete the registration process online via the platform CHQ which will be available from 06:00 on Thursday 3rd September until 23:59 on Friday 4th September
- New parents will have received log-in information for CHQ
- Returning parents should use their existing log-in information for CHQ
- Please follow the instructions in this CHQ Guide for Parents for help with signing up your child/children for CCAs
- Should you have a query relating to CHQ registration then please refer to firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance
- Please rest assured that all of the school’s Covid-19 health and safety protocols will apply to all CCAs in order for them to run effectively
Additional information about CCAs for Sports/BISB Wolves
- Please note that the CCA provision for Sport/BISB Wolves will operate on a slightly different timetable to the rest of the CCAs
- Therefore, Term 1 Sports/BISB Wolves CCAs will end on Friday 20th November
- Further details of the BISB Wolves programme including selection criteria, seasonal schedule for the whole year and the major competitive events will be sent out shortly
We look forward to your child’s participation in what promises to be an exciting CCA programme this year.
If you have any queries relating to the CCA programme then please do not hesitate to contact me.
Co-Curricular Learning Coordinator
Co-Curricular Learning Programme