The British International School Budapest prides itself on the breadth of education it provides and recognises that learning does not only take place in the classroom. Our Co-Curricular Learning (CCL) programme is an integral part of the ethos of our school, providing students with an opportunity to enhance their personal development, deepen their interests and broaden their horizons.
We are committed to ensuring that the Co-Curricular Activities (CCAs) we offer are genuinely developmental, purposeful and enriching, encouraging students to extend their learning in areas not necessarily provided for in the formal curriculum. At the British International School Budapest, we are keen to ensure that we know all our students as individuals. Through this we can help them to find their talents and passions. We hope that your child will find several activities that appeal to them whatever their interests may be.
We have categorised our CCAs into six groups:
- Physical Recreation
- Performing Arts
- STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics)
- Language and Culture
- Social Impact
Each category has its own page in this brochure and contains a summary of the characteristics of the CCAs and their generic aims, as well as the key information on each CCA within that category. We strongly advise that all students from Year 2 and above commit to at least two CCAs per week and that they try to select CCAs from more than one category.
Most of the activities in our CCL programme are led by members of staff and are free of charge. Activities run by external providers incur a cost and payment details for these are provided in the brochure. Further details regarding payments and student collection times for these off-site CCAs will be provided as necessary.
The Co-Curricular Activity (CCA) brochure detailing our new Term 1 programme for both Primary and Secondary for 2021-2022 can be found below.
Our regular Co-Curricular Activity (CCA) programme for Term 1 will commence on Monday 6th September.
Registration for CCAs
- To sign up your child for CCAs, you must complete the registration process online via the platform CHQ which will be available from 17:00 on Friday 3rd September until 09:00 on Monday 6th September.
- New parents will have received log-in information for CHQ
- Returning parents should use their existing log-in information for CHQ
- Please follow the instructions in this CHQ Guide for Parents for help with signing up your child/children for CCAs
- Should you have a query relating to CHQ registration then please refer to email@example.com in the first instance
- Please rest assured that all of the school’s Covid-19 health and safety protocols will apply to all CCAs in order for them to run effectively
We look forward to your child’s participation in what promises to be an exciting CCA programme this year.
If you have any queries relating to the CCA programme then please do not hesitate to contact me.
Co-Curricular Learning Coordinator
Co-Curricular Learning Programme