We, your school nurses, would like to offer assistance to any parents who may require help accessing the SNAP health portal.
The portal is available to all parents by accessing a website link: www.studentehr.com or clicking on the link www.thevillageschool.com/snap
Parents are not required to add any demographic information to the portal, it is all copied over from the Skyward system, after all there is no point adding the same information in two places!!
All parents must use their Skyward e-mail address and then add the password which was sent in an automatic email once the SNAP portal went live or you joined the school at a later date. Do not worry, if you cannot remember the password, see below
What do I do if I cannot get onto the portal when I put in my e-mail address and password?
Check your password and email address are correct, if they are, try clicking ‘forgot password’. The password will be sent to you automatically.
What if I have tried another password?
Try to get access on another server as it may be ‘the server’ that will not accept the link.
What do I do if I have tried the above and it still does not work?
Contact the nurse as we may need to remove you from the system and give you access again with a new password.
Why do I keep getting reminders from SNAP?
Because once you are given access you must confirm your child’s history of medical conditions/allergies and check boxes for permission to treat (lower right of dashboard page). Also if your child’s immunizations are not up to date you will receive reminders.
Why does the school have the SNAP portal
- It is a health system which holds personal and confidential information on your child.
- When your child receives any screenings at school, you will be notified that the results are available on the portal for you to see (WNL=normal, ONL= out of normal limits).
- Parents can update their child’s Immunization page with new immunizations - BUT, only if the updated documentation is uploaded. Without proof, the nurse cannot by law accept the new shots.
- Parents can print off a copy of their child’s immunization record or screenings for personal use.
- Parents can send emails to the nurse with any questions via the portal. 6) Parent can give permission for over-the-counter medication (only 1st grade and up). This permission is also used for MS & HS trips so please consider doing this for your child.
- Parents can add any medical conditions or alerts. These then automatically get shared with the nurse and the teacher.
- When a student is unwell or receives treatment, if not emergency in nature, the nurse can initiate notification to the parent that their child has been seen in the clinic. This way no personal information is sent via e-mail and the parent can see the notes written by the nurse.
How to give permission for over-the-counter medication
Go to www.studentehr.com - add your Skyward e-mail address and password. IF you do not know your password, click on 'forgot password' and one will be sent to you automatically. Once in the portal:
- Click 'Medications' from the list on the left
- Click 'prescribed' (you as a parent are prescribing a medication for the nurse to give).
- Click 'new otc' on the top right side of the page.
- Chose the medication from the ‘drop down box’ you wish to approve & add one at a time.
- You must put an ‘end date’: 05/31/17 otherwise the medication will not be accepted.