请点击这里获取此信的中文翻译版 (Click here for a Chinese translated version of this letter).
I am sure many of you will have been following the developing story of the new strain of Coronavirus (2019-nCoV virus) that was detected in central China in December.
As a school, we are closely monitoring International SOS and other key governmental organisations such as WHO to keep fully informed of the impact to the BSKL community.
For families planning to return to school on Wednesday please follow the below
- if your child is showing a fever (temperature above 37.4 degrees C), cough or runny nose please do not send them to school but seek medical advice
- if you have been to Wuhan or Hubei Province in China during the CNY break or been in contact with anyone who has been in Wuhan or Hubei Province in China, we ask you to undertake a quarantine period of 14 days and not be in school for that period until cleared by a doctor
- inform the school if the above is the case as we will provide online learning at this time as we did during closure due to haze
- ensure your contact details in case of emergency are correct on the parent app as we will ring this number if your child has any symptoms and expect you to collect them immediately
- ensure whoever takes your child to the bus waits with them till their temperature is taken in case they are refused entry on to the bus
We have deep cleaned the campus over the 4 day holiday, all staff and students will have their temperatures taken, air purifiers are on and hand sanitisers in each classroom.
We will continue to send out updates to the whole school community as we know more. Please use our regular system for reporting children’s illness and absence from school.
I have included this link to the iSOS FAQs, there are always rumours that start in these situations so please ensure you are referring to accurate information.