During this term of amalgamation, there have been a number of activities and events that have enabled the children from the Tu Xuong and An Phu Primary Campuses to mix and get to know each other. As we approach the end of the term, we thought having a ‘Friendship Day’ was the best way to celebrate our new friendships, so the children shared food, made friendship bracelets and wrote lovely messages on each other’s t-shirts.
Find out more in our post below:
F3 Fairy Tale Character Dress Up Day
When parents ask me how they can help their child at home, the answer is simple. Read!
As soon as a baby can sit-up and focus, begin reading with them. When a child begins school, they will bring books home and it is great to read these with them, however, a home that is filled with books, is one where children will succeed.
In F3, the children have been sharing fairy tales this week, and to encourage the children to read more and enjoy these stories, all the children, teachers and teaching assistants dressed up as fairy tale characters on Tuesday. You can find out more here:
F3 Fairy Tale Dress Up
SuperCyclingMan Visits BIS
Last Friday, I mentioned that we had a visit from SuperCyclingMan! He has now left us and is on his way to Hanoi. Below is the post all about his visit to BIS:
Friday 13th April
Term 2 ends next Friday. In order to allow parents to pick up children from both the infant and junior campuses, please note that at the Early Years and Infant Campus, school will finish at 11.20am for all pupils on this day.
Children can start at BIS HCMC when they are 2 years old. Fundinotots is the ‘BIS Baby and Toddler Group’ where parents of children aged 0 to 36 months can meet other parents and allow their children to engage in a range of activities. Fundinotots is now based on the new Early Years and Infant Campus. Find out more here:
Progress Update Reports and Parent Teacher Student Conferences (PTSCs)
On Wednesday 27th March, all parents were sent a letter about our upcoming PTSCs. All the necessary details are within the letter or within the separate instructions that were sent on how to use the online sign up portal.
Some key dates to note are listed below:
Sunday April 9th at 5pm – the sign up closes for parents.
Tuesday 10th – EY&IC PTSCs
Wednesday 11th – EY&IC & JC PTSCs
Thursday 12th – JC PTSCs
Please see the details in the letter about available times and locations for all teachers.
Our Term 2 Progress Update will be available online for parents on Friday 6th April. The log in details for both PTSCs and the SLG site to access your child’s report were sent to you on Monday April 2nd. For children that have recently joined the school, you will receive an additional Tapestry post for Early Years children or a hard copy ‘Settling In Report’ for Y1 to Y6 children instead of a progress update.
If you have any questions or issues regarding either the Progress Update or PTSCs, please do not hesitate to contact Ms Dee (Juniors) firstname.lastname@example.org or Ms Mary (Early Years and Infants) email@example.com
Health and Safety
It’s hot out there! Please ensure your children bring their sun hats and water bottles to school every day. In addition, please do apply sunscreen to your children before the school day. Keeping safe in the sun is an important part of what we teach the children.
Safeguarding at school – it’s everyone’s responsibility
If, during your visit to school, you have any reason to be concerned about the safety of a young person, please contact the Designated Safeguarding Person.
Please note that CCTV cameras are in operation at all times across the campus.
Traffic – Driver’s Code of Conduct
Once again I would like to thank everyone for their efforts in helping the traffic flow outside school. As a community, we need to work to reduce the number of vehicles on the road and do all we can to make sure that the traffic keeps flowing, whilst at the same time showing consideration to other road users and our neighbours.
For those of you who do travel to school in a car, can I remind you of our Driver’s Code of Conduct? If we follow these rules, it will be better for everyone.
- Never stop on or near to a pedestrian crossing – in order to ensure that our families can cross the road safely, please instruct your driver to park as far away from the main gates as possible to avoid congestion. Try walking a short distance to keep cars down to a minimum.
- No cars should be parked for long periods of time outside of school – ask your driver to meet you at a convenient location away from the school gates and please ask them to never double park as this stops the flow of traffic at peak times.
- Stop, drop and go – take a maximum of 15 seconds to drop off your child and they can walk into school. Try it as it will speed up your journey and that of others too.
- Never U Turn along the stretch of road outside the campuses – tell your driver to drive away from school and if they have to U Turn, please do so on the wider, less congested roads. Try the route past the Junior campus along Nguyen Van Huong, as an alternative way to get home – it may take a few extra minutes driving but it will save the time you spend in traffic.
- Ask your driver to show respect to our guards and follow their instructions – they are there to keep you all safe and have a difficult job when drivers ignore their instructions.
Hướng dẫn lái xe dành cho tài xế
Nhằm đảm bảo an toàn giao thông cho học sinh trường BIS ngoài khuôn viên trường trước và sau giờ học, phụ huynh vui lòng dành một ít thời gian để thảo luận các điều sau với tài xế của mình.
- Không dừng gần hoặc trên vạch dành cho người đi bộ – nhằm đảm bảo an toàn cho các gia đình khi băng qua đường, vui lòng yêu cầu tài xế đậu xe cách xa cổng trường để tránh tắc nghẽn giao thông. Xin vui lòng đi bộ một quãng ngắn để hạn chế số lượng ô tô xung quanh trường.
- Không đậu xe lâu dọc hành lang bên ngoài trường – vui lòng yêu cầu tài xế đợi bạn ở một địa điểm thuận tiện cách xa cổng trường và không đậu song song với một ô tô khác vì sẽ gây tắc nghẽn giao thông vào giờ cao điểm.
- Chỉ được dừng, không được đậu xe – Không dừng xe quá 15 giây khi thả học sinh trước cổng trường. Học sinh sẽ tự đi bộ vào trong sân trường.
- Không quay đầu xe trên quãng đường bên ngoài cơ sở Junior và cơ sở Secondary – yêu cầu tài xế lái xe ra xa trường và quay đầu xe ở những khúc đường rộng hơn, giao thông thông thoáng hơn. Hãy đi đường Nguyễn Văn Hưởng đoạn phía trên cơ sở Junior – điều này có thể mất thêm vài phút lái xe nhưng sẽ tránh cho bạn bị kẹt xe.
- Yêu cầu tài xế tôn trọng các bảo vệ và tuân theo chỉ dẫn của họ – nhân viên bảo vệ có trách nhiệm bảo đảm việc lưu thông được an toàn và họ sẽ gặp khó khăn trong công việc nếu tài xế không tuân theo các chỉ dẫn.
- Giải thích với tài xế rằng hành động của họ phản ánh hình ảnh gia đình bạn – yêu cầu tài xế tôn trọng quy định của nhà trường để trường BIS trở nên tốt nhất có thể.
Explain to your driver that their actions reflect upon your family – ask them to respect all of our school community to make our school the very best that it can be.
10/4/18 – Parent, Teacher Student Conferences – Early Years and Infant Campus
11/4/18 – Parent, Teacher Student Conferences – Early Years and Infant Campus & Junior Campus
12/4/18 – PTG Coffee and Cake Morning in aid of Thuy’s Dreams
12/4/18 – Parent, Teacher Student Conferences – Junior Campus
The School Disco
The 2 discos this week had a huge turnout, especially for years 1, 2 and 3! We shall be looking to divide the Year 1 ,2 and 3 disco up into smaller groups in future. More details to follow next term!
Thanks to our Committee - Andy, Adrian, Gayatri and Sally for running this event. Thanks also to Mr Jonathan and Miss Rachel for being our disco hosts and arranging the games and dancing, and of course, thanks to all the school staff who helped prior, during and after the event.
PTG Social Evening
The PTG team at BIS Secondary & Primary want to thank you for attending the social evening on April 4th, Wednesday held at The Boathouse, Thao Dien, D2. There is a gallery of photos of the event which can accessed here:
PTG Social Evening Gallery
For those in attendance, we hope you enjoyed the evening and got to connect with some fellow parents as well as the school teachers. Your presence means a lot as this helps bring the BIS HCMC community closer which in turn helps our children.
PTG at BIS HCMC constantly strives to bring to the school community a memorable experience which helps nurture relationships in this multicultural environment.
Stay tuned for the upcoming events.
As always, your feedback would be much appreciated.
EY&I RECYCLING POP UP SHOP -
Your EY&I campus needs you! The recycling pop up shop needs to have parents managing it at the new campus, just a weekly meeting with Bibi and her committee and setting up the shop once a month. No sewing involved! For more details please see the poster on the PTG board at EY&I or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nicky on behalf of the PTG
Easter Holiday Sports Camp
This year’s Easter Sports Camps will be held during our Easter break (Monday 16th to Friday 20th April and Monday 23rd – Friday 27th April).
Following the successes of previous holiday programmes, the activities on offer are action packed with football, basketball, t-ball, skills factory and swimming from providers such as Rising Stars Football Academy, FOX, SSA, Mr Vinh and Mr Richard.
Please click here to see the clubs on offer.
Copies of the reply slips can be collected from the Junior Office. All fees must be paid to the Cashier no later than Friday 6th April to secure your child’s place.
Please note that there will be minimum numbers of 6 students applied to each camp. If you do not receive an email from Mr Phil Husband, Director of Sports in the week leading up to the camp, please presume that the camp has sufficient numbers and that it will go ahead.
I do hope that you will take this opportunity to benefit from this high level of coaching and your child enjoys the fun and exciting environment created at BIS HCMC.
A huge congratulations to the PTG and all the BIS community. I am delighted to announce that the Spring Fair raised 193,505,000VND which will be distributed to our community partners over the coming months.
I would also like to take this opportunity to remind you that next week there will be no after school clubs as we have our parent teacher student conferences. Communication between home and school is so important in supporting a child’s development, so we are looking forward to seeing everyone. Thank you to those who have already signed up for an appointment, and if you haven’t yet done so, the system will be open until Sunday evening at 4pm. If you are unable to attend, please make an appointment to see your child’s teacher at another time. These times to discuss your child’s progress and their next steps are invaluable.
Wishing you a wonderful weekend,
Ian Battersby/ Head of the Early Years and Infant Campus