To provide administrative support to the Academic and Co-curricular Coordination Teams within the Secondary campus.
Assistant Head Teacher Co-curricular; Co-curricular coordinator;
OTHER KEY RELATIONSHIPS
Welfare and Guidance Team, Director of Sport, Community co-ordinator, Activity and Expedition Leaders
The British International School, HCMC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including references from previous employers in accordance with our safer recruitment practice. Interviews will be conducted in person, and they will explore candidates’ suitability to work with children.
KEY RESULT AREA
- Support academic and co-curricular provision within the school;
- Be a supportive member of the Secondary Campus administrative team;
- Promote the mission and philosophy of the school, ensuring that children are working towards being international citizens;
- Be flexible and adjust to the needs of the school, actively contributing to its development and growth;
- Communicate effectively with the school’s stakeholders, being an ambassador for the school at all times;
Welfare and Guidance Support:
- Recording of Student attendance and punctuality incl. absence phone number, reports, patterns, signing in/out, etc. in liaison with the Welfare and Guidance Administrator;
- Receive and direct student enquiries;
- Administer Student Lunch Cards and Lockers;
- Assist with lost property management;
- Maintain the email@example.com email account, responding to parents and passing on information as necessary;
- Respond to parent calls;
- Ensure that all letters to parents from all areas of the secondary campus are stored and organised for easy retrieval and reference;
- Provide copies / spares of such letters to students and parents on request;
- Send individual and group letters to parents regarding routine matters such as set changes;
- Translation assistance at PTSCs;
Administrative Support for Co-curricular team:
- Administrative support for Heads of House;
- Complete CHQ registers for those who take paper registers (e.g. external providers);
- Provide administrative support for the Co-curricular Coordinator, including sending letters, chasing liability waivers, etc.;
- Provide administrative support for the Director of Sport for paid activities and holiday programmes;
- Monitor student attendance at activities;
- Provide administrative support for Expedition Leaders by maintaining CHQ lists, collecting and checking passport information, producing trip packs, supporting with communication prior to expeditions, etc.;
- Support the Cashier & Expeditions Administrator in administration for Expeditions including checking flight & insurance names, and providing documents for visa applications;
- Collection and storage of passport information in SIMS and Google Drive, notifying Co-curricular team of any outdated information and following up with parents.
- Take a role in school evacuation and lockdown procedures - print registers from electronic copy and place on evacuation clipboard every morning;
- Arrange group emails for distribution to parents;
- Be part of the holiday rota for office staff;
- Any other task reasonably required by DH/AHT/HT.
Ensure Safeguarding of all students by:
- Passing all Child Protection issues onto the Designated Senior Person for Child Protection.
- Continual development through the identification and implementation of your own Professional Review and Development needs to include:
- Continually striving to improve performance;
- Setting and working towards targets with AHTCC, linked to the department and school development plan;
- Be approachable, warm, resilient and good humoured;
- Have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Have excellent organisational skills, being able to prioritise and manage a varied workload;
- Be proactive and seek guidance where necessary;
- Be numerate and accurate;
- Possess strong IT Skills;
- Fluent English Speaker
- Promote and adhere to the Nord Anglia Education vision and values:
- Opportunity - for us, opportunities need to be meaningful, about achieving potential and making progress.
- Impact - for us, impact is about making a difference. It needs to be immediate, positive and lasting.
- Leadership - for us, leadership is about considering the team’s needs as well as your own, setting inspiring examples, being supportive and showing real accountability and responsibility.
- Respect - for us, respect is about listening, being inclusive, showing tolerance and getting the little things right
All staff are required to manage effective personal development as part of the Company’s commitment to invest in staff as the key resource in the organisation.
- Each individual must ensure that they meet their statutory responsibilities and Company policies with regard to Health and Safety, Equal Opportunities and other relevant legislation
- Any other appropriate duties as allocated by the Chief Executive Officer
- Be a valued member of the team and organisation
Hold a current Criminal Background Check or International Police Check or equivalent for countries lived in outside of the UK tracing employment history for the previous 10 years;
- Compliance with visa requirements for working in Vietnam.