Our school is a community within a community. We believe that everyone, from the staff to the parents and the students themselves, has a role to play in building an exceptional school and developing successful children.
We are dedicated to providing a quality, personalised education to all of our students. To do this, we draw on the talents and strengths of everyone who can have a positive impact. Parents are regularly informed of the progress of their child, and can offer feedback and advice on how the school could be improved.
Every year, we conduct a survey, in order to find out how our parents feel about our school. Our 2017 results are a validation of our hard work, and emphasise how parents of current students feel about the choice they have made for their child:
- 97% of parents would recommend the school. This is the highest level of the last three years for La Côte International School and the second highest of all the Nord Anglia Education schools.
- 95% of parents strongly agree or agree that their child is happy at the school
- 95% of parents strongly agree or agree that their child is developing confidence and independence
- 98% of parents strongly agree or agree that the school provides a good learning environment for their child
- 95% of parents strongly agree or agree that their child is developing as a global citizen
Here is a selection of comments from parents:
- "Thank you for the wonderful years at La Côte International School. It has truly been a joy to be part of this adventure from the beginning, and to see the school and the boys evolve so beautifully. The boys have really enjoyed every minute of it, the excellent quality of the teaching, the efficiency and friendliness of the whole team at LCIS, the atmosphere, the programme, the excursions, the fabulous music shows, thank you for all these wonderful moments."
"Thank you for everything that you have done for our three children over our past two years at La Côte International School. For the many hours of love and support you have given them, for teaching them and helping them grow into phenomenal little people. You have provided the most amazing environment for them to flourish and “fly”, and laid foundations in their lives that they will continue to build on as they get bigger. It has been a privilege to have my children in your class, and thank you for walking this path with me. It is not always easy moving countries, but your support, understanding, and great advice has been very appreciated. When I look at the confident and happy child my little girl has become it is testament to the amazing work you all do at La Côte International School. Through their tears, their laughter, and my little boy's nappies! You have both been there. Thank you! Teachers are very special people and can have the most phenomenal impact on young lives. Thank you for making the impact on my children’s lives exceptional! We will all miss you very much."
- "We absolutely love La Côte International School and the world class staff! My little girl is adjusting better each day, and after a little while she is really enjoying her day at school. I hear she is a chatterbox at playtime, so that is great!
Thank you for all that you do! You are amazing!"
- "It's fair to say that my husband and I have very high expectations when it comes to the provision of care and education for our children.Our experience thus far at LCIS has exceeded our expectations on so many counts. Our son has developed a very special relationship with his teachers which is reflective of the incredible care and affection they have shown him."
"My little girl had the most wonderful time with Foundation 1 the other day! Every single child from both Foundation 1 and Foundation 2 greeted her in the playground when she arrived after lunch so she could not have been more warmly welcomed. When I collected her and asked how she had gotten on, she squealed with delight! This was the highlight of her year and she felt so grown up having spent a couple of hours in her new 'big school'. She can not wait for the new term to start and we know Foundation 1 will be a very very special experience for her as it was with her older brother."
"On this last day of term, I wanted to put "pen to paper" and share some thoughts with you as teachers of our son. The transformation we are seeing in him is short of a miracle and I have no doubt that this is largely thanks to the dynamic that you have created around him in class. This week we had three of his classmates coming over for playdates and it was pure joy watching him interacting with these children. It made me realise how important it is for him to spend one on one time with his classmates so he can "fit in the puzzle", as he calls it, of his class. Playing table tennis at break time is also turning out to be an instrument to boost his self esteem. He is getting better and better at it, and this seems to be empowering him in ways I have not seen before. Academically, being in the groups he is in, has been a huge injection to his self confidence (...) At one point I thought of asking you to place him in the "easier" group because he seemed to be spending too much time doing homework, but being in these groups is making him believe more in himself, and I think that this feeling just spreads to everything else he does (...). What better way to end the first term than to have your students looking forward to coming back after the holidays? I have great respect and admiration for the work that you do. Thank you."
"Thank you for being such a truly wonderful team. You have made our move to Switzerland such a positive one and your contribution to our happiness is immeasurable."
“The school has high standards, a great caring atmosphere and my child loves coming to school.”
- “My child is thriving, happy and enjoys learning. I see progress in her abilities and both she and I are happy with La Côte International School.”
"We are absolutely delighted with our daughter's progress. It is clearly evident that you have re-ignited her passion and her enthusiasm for learning across all subjects. "
“As this was the first time our child was attending formal education we were nervous and not sure what to expect but we were instantly put at ease by the level of care that our child received from not only his teachers but all of the school employees he came into contact with. Such a wonderful school with wonderful people who excel at their jobs.”
“Our children feel welcome, cherished and supported by all the staff at La Côte International. They just switched to an English speaking school and are doing surprisingly very well. I think that this is due to the fact that teachers show interest in the children and support them in their learning process.”
“Teachers are resourceful and creative in finding the most amazing ways to develop our children’s curiosity and they really make learning a fun activity for kids to pursue. I have visited many schools in the area and I have yet to see the quality of teachers like the ones in Foundation years at La Côte.”
"My child’s confidence and social skills have improved tremendously and the teachers do a superb job in transmitting to the kid’s good principles and values without doing it in a strict way. This way, the kids adopt the good behaviour and strong moral values.”
"The family atmosphere is obvious at La Côte International School. While I can see the emphasis on independent learning, there also seems to be an element of respect for the place evident in how the students presented themselves and cared for the space around them."
How our parents get involved
Parents of our students can become active members of the Parent Association and participate in planning meetings, coffee mornings and social events such as walking groups, charity events, skiing and snowshoeing trips. All Parent Association activities are organised by parents for parents. In addition parents may decide to get more involved in their child's class by becoming a Class Representative. In this nominated role, they work closely with the class teacher to support in class activities and to lead fundraising endeavours.
La Côte International School has an elected Parent Council, which represents parents as an advisory group to the school leadership team. As our 'Student Council' allows and encourages the students' voices to be heard, the Parent Council has been established in a similar way.
Finally, through our extra-curricular programme, parents are invited to join courses designed specifically for our adult community. For example, classes on offer may include exercise, yoga or language classes.
These groups and their associated roles and activities help to establish a firm relationship between the school and parents.