As a follow up to an exceptional performance in the UKMT Intermediate Maths Challenge, three of our students qualified for the Olympiad paper which they sat at the beginning of March.
This is an extremely challenging paper made up of six questions requiring a lengthy response or proof for each. Marks are awarded not just for the correct answer but also for the quality of the working and thought process that is demonstrated by the student.
Only the top young mathematicians from around the world are selected to take part in the competition and certificates are given as follows:
- Book Prize - Top 50 in the world
- Medal - Top 100 in the world
- Distinction - Top 25% in the world
- Merit - Very good score but just outside the top 25%
The results are in and they are absolutely incredible. Congratulations to these students for their performance and the awards that they received:
- Le Quang Chinh (Ben), Year 9 - Book prize, Medal and Distinction certificate
- Ton, That Tuan Kiet, Year 11 - Distinction certificate
- Nguyen, Hong Nhat (Lucy), Year 11 - Merit certificate
This means that Ben is one of the top 50 studentsin the world!
Well done to all of them on an amazing achievement!