It is both an honour and a privilege to be writing to you as Principal of BVIS HCMC, at the beginning of this new academic year. As outlined in my ‘Welcome’ section on the Home page of our interactive and informative website ‘by sending your child to our school, you share the same ambitions and aspirations (as I do) for your child’s future role within a global society’.
I would like to extend a warm welcome to our school to all new families and welcome back all our existing BVIS families following our Summer break. I am looking forward to working closely with you all and encourage you to engage and connect with the vibrant and creative environment that we have within school. Please take time to read all correspondence that comes to you as the best possible education is only achieved when teachers, students and parents work together in true partnership.
I am pleased to share with you this year’s IGCSE and A Level results which demonstrate the academic successes of our school.
- A*/A: 40 %
- A* - C: 90%
- x5 A* - C: 89%
- x5 A* - C: including English and Math: 88%
- A* - E: 99 %
- A*: 18%
- A* - A: 36%
- A* - B: 48%
- A* - E: 94%
These very pleasing results once again show the success of our school beginning with the great foundations for learning that are being laid in Primary and how this is transferring through into our Secondary years.
Exam success is only one indicator of success though as we aim to develop the whole child through our range of extra-curricular activities and enrichment opportunities and events that will be shared with you in the forthcoming weeks.
Over the Summer holidays, there has been extensive upgrades to our facilities that aim to give BVIS students the access for them to further develop academically, socially and emotionally. I trust that you like our newly improved Primary Foyer area and have also seen the bespoke climbing wall that will be in use very soon. In addition to this, we have added a new art room for both primary and secondary use whilst also updating our technology provision, including the Wi-Fi infrastructure. These are just some of the improvements that have recently been completed, with more planned in the future. Our commitment to the very best educational provision is secure and through our unique collaborations with Juilliard, MIT and UNICEF through our Nord Anglia Education family, the future looks very bright.
The safety of all our BVIS community is our number one priority and I would like to highlight to you just some of our Safeguarding procedures that are designed to ensure that your children learn within a safe and secure environment.
- Please ensure that when entering our school, you wear your swipe card so that all parents can be easily identifiable. On entry, all parents must swipe in and on exit, all must swipe out.
- Do not seek any unsupervised social contact with any student who is not a member of your family.
- Images of children and young people should only be taken for clearly identifiable purposes and everyone involved, including parents, should understand the implications of how the images will be used, particularly if they will be used online or for publicity purposes. (As a general rule, parents should not post images of any child other than their own, unless they have permission from another parent, to post any image online).
- All adults must only use the designated ‘adult only’ toilets. No adult must enter a ‘child only’ toilet
If you have any concerns about a child that relate to their safety, please contact our designated safeguarding lead immediately:
Luke Curran | Designated Safeguarding Lead (Whole School)
Email: email@example.com Room 249/253 Tel: 0937 835 813
Khuyen Tran | Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead (Primary)
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Room 208
Thuy Do | Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead (Secondary)
Email: email@example.com Room 036
I wish you and your children an enjoyable and challenging learning experience during the academic ahead.