The judges including leading economics professors worldwide from MIT, University of Oxford, Harvard University and Johns Hopkins University.
- Professor Dave Donaldson, Department of Economics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Professor Graciela Chichilnisky, Department of Economics, Columbia University
- Professor Klaus Adam, Department of Economics, University of Oxford
- Professor Pol Antràs, Department of Economics, Harvard University
The competitors are required to demonstrate their innovative thinking and problem-solving abilities to solve general problems by economics.
The BVIS HCMC team of 6 students who participated in the World Economics Cup 2020 have won outstanding prizes and accolades in Individuals category :
Individual awards: (Overall)
- Chau Kiet (Y13) finished in the top 20% overall – winning a silver medal.
- Ky Nguyen (Y12) finished in the top 40% overall – winning a bronze medal.
Individual awards: (Multi-choice element)
Hayden (Y13) finished in the top 30 overall scoring 85 out of 100.
Individual awards: (Deeper comprehension)
Kiet (Y13) finished in the top 10 and Ky (Y12) finished in the top 30.
A huge congratulations to our students!