Our international early years curriculum
At Nord Anglia International School Manila, our pre-school children follow the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum. At this formative stage in their education, our teachers will guide your child through the seven EYFS development areas.
- Personal, social, and emotional development.
- Communication and language.
- Physical development.
- Understanding the world.
- Expressive arts and design.
The areas are interconnected and help each child develop the knowledge, skills, and understanding they need to progress into primary.
How we learn in our international pre-school in Manila
We know children learn best when they’re happy, engaged, and motivated, which is why we offer a wide range of opportunities that both fascinate and challenge. In our nurturing early years setting, your child will learn and grow by:
- Playing and exploring: our children investigate, experiment, and experience new things, and enjoy ‘having a go’ at a variety of activities.
- Active learning: our children get hands-on, are encouraged to overcome challenges, and celebrate their achievements.
- Creating and thinking critically: our children come up with their own ideas, make links between concepts, and develop strategies for doing things.
At NAIS Manila, a typical pre-school day involves plenty of play, socialising, discussion, and reasoning, alongside storytelling, reading, basic maths, and arts and crafts.
We make full use of our play areas and dedicated early years garden, too, which are an extension of the classroom. Your child will enjoy a variety of outdoor experiences that not only develop their movement and gross motor skills, but also connect them to the wider world.
Building a strong relationship with our parents
You’ll play an integral role in your child’s learning. We understand that you are your child’s first educator, and we really value the relationships we build with our families.
You’ll be invited to ‘open class’ sessions and join workshops where you’ll learn, discover, and play alongside your child. We’ll also keep you regularly updated on their progress and achievements. This will ensure your child gets the most from their learning experience.