Our language programmes
The ability to understand and communicate in another language is a lifelong skill that enhances our students' education, employment, and recreational experiences.
We encourage our students to learn about different countries, cultures, communities, and people, too. By making comparisons, they gain an insight into their own culture and society.
The study of languages at NAIS Manila includes:
- The spoken and written forms of the target language.
- The interrelationship between sounds and writing in the target language.
- The grammar of the target language and how to apply it.
- A range of vocabulary and structures.
- Learning about different countries and cultures.
- Comparing students' own experiences and perspectives with those of people in countries and communities where the target language is spoken.
We recognise that an understanding of Asian culture and a command of Mandarin will be invaluable assets for the future.
Daily Mandarin lessons are complemented by a rich programme of activities, educational trips, and whole school events that take place throughout the year.
We also run an Advanced Chinese Programme, which gives students who qualify the opportunity to pursue Mandarin to a higher level.