We are looking for an experienced Finance Manager to join our team. The ideal candidate will ensure effective production, management and reporting of all financial matters of the school. They will provide financial and commercial input and support to the Academic Senior Management teams as required. This individual will work as part of the Administration Senior Management Team, ensuring the smooth running of the school administration. They will be responsible for the preparation of school budgets and forecasts for the school. They will manage the capital expenditure approval process as well as ensure processing the transactional information for the school is complete and accurate. It is important they are a proactive individual who can provide advice on improving the financial performance of the school.
Duties and responsibilities include:
Working through management of your accounts team to ensure:
- Proper accounting and financial records and systems are maintained;
- Financial accounts are produced monthly, in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and within agreed timeframes;
- All statutory accounting and tax returns are produced and submitted in accordance with legislation;
- Effective internal controls and implement new procedures as necessary;
- A purchase order process is implemented and adhered to by all members of staff;
- Proper asset management processes are in operation;
- To manage payroll records and ensure payroll and associated taxes are calculated and paid;
- A new CMS, MIS and accounting system will be implemented you are to assist IT in implementation of the system new accounts and administration systems and controls as required, to ensure it fits the business needs;
- To liaise with external auditors and tax advisors regarding the statutory accounts and other statutory
- Keep up-to-date with the latest accounting and tax regulations within Thailand and internationally.
Budgeting and Forecasting
- In conjunction with the senior teams, Finance Director and Head of School, produce business plans, annual budgets and quarterly re-forecasts for the school;
- Work with the budget holders to determine correct allocation of cost budgets across cost centres and budget headings;
- Work with the Admissions staff to generate pupil number forecasts to drive the revenue budget;
- Work with the HR staff to determine the correct staffing structure and associated costs for the budget and maintain this file for the forecast;
- Manage the budget and forecast process for the school to Nord Anglia Education deadlines using Nord Anglia Education templates;
- Ensure that cost efficiency is a key part of the budget process, eliminating waste and ensuring best value for money.
Budget Management and Reporting
- Ensure the school maintains costs within agreed budget levels;
- Monitor actual spend against budget on a budget holder and account heading basis;
- Liaise with budget holders on a regular basis to ensure that they are aware of their budgets and what they have spent to date;
- Take action to ensure that budget holders do not go over their budgets during the year;
- Develop internal management reports to aid the Head of School and SLT in the management of the school and budget holders in the management of their individual budgets;
- Ensure complete management accounts and KPI package is submitted to Nord Anglia Education with agreed deadlines;
- Review and reporting of the monthly management accounts to the Head of School and to Nord Anglia Education;
- Produce financial and performance reports to the Head of School and Nord Anglia Education as required. Review the reporting packs and propose improvements;
- Produce and submit appropriate capital expenditure proposals;
- Production of weekly and monthly cash flow forecasts to aid both the school and Nord Anglia Education cash management.
Sales Ledger and Credit Control
- Ensure the timely and accurate production of tuition fee invoices;
- Actively manage the credit control process to ensure that all debts are collected by the due date;
- Actively manage the School’s cash flow to maximise cash generation.
Personnel and Staff
- Oversee and manage the workload of the Finance team staff and manage their professional development.
If you would like to apply for a position at our school please complete the application process through Jobtrain, accessible via the Careers page on the Nord Anglia Education website: http://www.nordangliaeducation.com/careers/, or send your CV and letter of application directly to the recruitment department at the email below.
If you have any specific questions email firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com.
St. Andrews International School Bangkok
9 Pridi Banomyong 20/1, Sukhumvit Soi 71
Watthana, Bangkok, 10110 Thailand