St. Andrews International School Bangkok prides itself on the fact that our teachers know their children very well. The atmosphere in the classes is one of warmth and security, a place where children should grow in confidence to take on even more challenging work and activities. Teachers work hard to create this stimulating environment through displays and ongoing work and topics studied. The following is a summary of expectations teachers have on themselves across our school.
Your job contracts may have additional responsibilities.
- To be responsible for the educational care and development of a class of children in accordance with the philosophy of the School’s curriculum programme.
- To employ appropriate teaching methods to facilitate learning in accordance with the age, stage, aptitude and ability of the children in your care. To keep up-to-date with current educational practices and theory.
- To be aware of the needs of children in your class and to plan appropriate tasks to maintain a close match between the work offered and the needs to the child. To be involved in planning meetings as required and submit planning to Heads of Phase in required format.
- To be involved with the supervision and instruction of support staff as required.
- To implement the School’s assessment and reporting procedures.
- To fulfil break time and lunchtime duties in accordance with the duty rota and duty procedures set out in this document.
- To work as a member of a team, providing information and assistance with the long, medium and short-term planning that is necessary to maintain high standards, differentiation, and continuity throughout the school.
- At times work as a member of a team, providing information and assistance with the planning of integrated activities involving children from different classes/year groups.
- To participate in professional development sessions as arranged by the School.
- To implement procedures adopted by the School and readily adapt in response to developments and new initiatives.
- To maintain adequate record keeping procedures in keeping with school policies and good Educational Practice. These should be relevant to the age of your students.
- To make the school a welcoming and stimulating environment that will encourage children to actively participate in all that is required of them.
- To educate the children so that they become lively thinking and responsive individuals by providing differentiated experiences in all areas of the curriculum.
- To attend staff meetings and INSET and co-operate with other colleagues in all aspects of curriculum development and the corporate running of the School.
- To meet with parents to discuss the children’s progress and to provide the parents with written reports in accordance with school policy.
- To participate in extra-curricular activities once a week.
- To support promotional activities associated with the advancement of the School.
- To be an ambassador for the School in the wider local and global community.
- To promote the House system within the school and organise one House activity per year.
All teachers are also expected to contribute positively to the extra-curricular programme, which runs after school, offering an Extra-Curricular Activity that either supports or extends the students’ learning, or from another area of interest. Our school has a good reputation of supporting children with special educational needs and experience of teaching children with ADHD, mild autism, dyslexia etc. would be very good prior experience for a teacher wishing to join our team.
Click here to complete the application process through Jobtrain. If you require any further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is Friday 31st March, with applications being reviewed as they are received.
St. Andrews International School Bangkok
9 Pridi Banomyong 20/1, Sukhumvit Soi 71
Watthana, Bangkok, 10110 Thailand