We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated Speech and Language Therapist to join the Learning Support team. The position is full-time and is highly flexible and allows you to plan your own working hours and caseload. Visas and work permits are provided. This position would be offered as an initial two-year contract.
Since our school has children from Nursery (2 years) through to Year 13 Graduates our Speech and Language Therapist has a lot of work focused on identifying needs, especially in our younger children. They would then be able to put together a programme based on the child’s needs which would be discussed and agreed with parents and teachers. The ideal candidate will:
- Complete assessments and therapy for disorders of speech, language, reading, writing, cognition, fluency, pragmatics and voice;
- Provide regular reports and documentation regarding assessments, goals, therapy and session summaries;
- Regularly liaise with class teachers, parents, special education coordinators and support teachers providing strategies and activities to augment therapy provided in pull-out sessions;
- Contribute to individual education plans;
- Provide invoicing information to administration staff;
- Have experience working as a Speech-Language Therapist within educational settings;
- Have experience working with students from varied cultural and linguistic backgrounds;
- Display excellent written communication skills;
- Be comfortable working across a range of age groups (2 to 18 years);
- Be comfortable working in the home, classroom or therapy room setting;
- Display exemplary organisational skills;
- Build strong relationships with the teaching community at school and throughout the wider Bangkok community.
Since our school has an open access admissions policy not selecting children on academic ability we have built a very good reputation of supporting children with special educational needs. We would want our Speech Therapist to have experience working with children with ADHD, mild autism, dyslexia, possibly within a school setting but not necessarily.
Click here to complete the application process through Jobtrain. If you require any further information, please email email@example.com. The closing date for applications is Friday 31st March, with applications being reviewed as they are received.
St. Andrews International School Bangkok
9 Pridi Banomyong 20/1, Sukhumvit Soi 71
Watthana, Bangkok, 10110 Thailand