Duties & Responsibilities
To provide reception services and general day-to-day clerical support to the School Office.
- Reception duties: act as first point of contact for all telephone, e-mail and face to face enquiries, to provide potential applicants, parents/guardians Initial information and guidance about admissions policy &procedures, programmes and specific entrance to ensure all are able to make fully informed decisions about applying to the school. This role also involves handling initial telephone requests for feedback on decisions, in many cases this is where applicants have not made a successful application.
- General office duties to support office activities: opening and distributing mail; upkeep of notice boards; filing; photocopying, collation of materials for offer/joining packs; updating transfer spreadsheet with details of transfer students.
- Handling applications including: initial receipt and sorting of applications; collating multiple applications; using tracking database to collate associated correspondence / certificates with paper applications, checking status of application.
- Managing Admissions Office Diary: arranging appointments for potential applicants.
- Any other duties as directed by the Admissions Manager /Head of Section
Planning and Organising
- Planning on a daily, weekly and monthly basis in conjunction with the Team Leader or Admissions Manager.
- Prioritising competing demands within time constraints.
- Problem Solving
- Dealing with enquiries based on policy, procedures and guidance from senior staff.
- Dealing with tight deadlines and competing demands.
- The post holder is the first point of contact (telephone, email, in person) and has initial responsibility for dealing tactfully and capably with unsuccessful applicants.
- The post holder will use their judgement as to when to refer callers who insist on speaking to someone with more authority.
- Decision Making
- Decide which info to send in response to a general enquiry and who to refer requests to for further info.
- Prioritise own work in most cases.
- Key Contacts/Relationships
- Undergraduate Office staff including Admissions Manager
- Applicants, parents/guardians and school.
- Current students
- Admissions staff in other Campus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work as team member whilst under pressure
- IT literate: Microsoft Office and experience using databases
- Ability to organise and manage large volumes of enquiries and paperwork
Click here to complete the application process. If you require any further information, please email email@example.com. The closing date for applications is Tuesday 7th March 2017.
If you require any further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
St. Andrews International School Bangkok
9 Pridi Banomyong 20/1, Sukhumvit Soi 71
Watthana, Bangkok, 10110 Thailand