Welcome back to the final term of the school year. I hope everyone is feeling rested and relaxed after the Songkran holiday. Our Songkran celebration just before the holiday was a lovely way to round off term 2, and it helped everyone cool off at the hottest time of the year.
Please remember to send your children to school each day with their hats and, if necessary, apply a high factor sunblock before they come to school. We will be monitoring the heat index over the next few weeks to help manage the children’s exposure to the sun- this may include reducing time outside in the sun. We will also be encouraging the students to stay hydrated during the hot season. Children may bring a water bottle to school to ensure they have water at hand at all times.
Term 3 looks to be another very busy term in KS2. Here are some Key Dates for the term:
- Thurs 27th April - TISAC Choral Festival @ STA
- Mon 1st - Thurs 4th May - Week Without (see below)
- Thurs 4th May - Y5 Roman Day
- Fri 5th May - School Closed
- Tues 9th May - Year 4 Music Concert 4pm in the Drama Studio
- Wed 10th May - School Closed
- Thurs 18th - Mon 22nd May - Primary FOBISIA Games @ Regents Pattaya
- Fri 26th May - Y3 assembly
- Fri 2nd June - Year 5 assembly
- Mon 5th June - Wed 7th June - Half term
- Thurs 8th June - Y6 trip to Wat Po
- Mon 12th - Fri 16th June - KS2 Swim Carnival during swimming lessons
- Thurs 15th June - Y6 Prom
- Wed 21st June - EXPO 2017 inc. Y3 Samba Band
- Thurs 22nd June - Primary Sports Awards (15:30)
- Fri 23rd June - Y6 Leavers’ assembly
- Thurs 29th June - House Music Competition
- Fri 30th June - Last Day of Term
From 1st May to 4th May, students, parents and teachers in KS2-5 will be asked to give up a luxury for our annual Week Without to raise funds and awareness for those less fortunate. Can you live without your phone, aircon, candies and chocolate or speaking to your best friend for a week? Challenge yourself and get sponsorship to support the CAS Service Projects. Sponsorship letters and more information will be given out in PSHE this week.
You may have seen that Friday next week is no longer a National holiday, but as so many families have already made plans, the school will still be closed next Friday, as well as for Visakha Bucha Day the following Wednesday.
Intentions for Next Academic Year
A few months ago we asked you to confirm if your child/children will be returning to St Andrews in August for the start of the new Academic Year. As it is near the end of the school year, many of you will now have a clearer picture of your future plans. We need this information as soon as possible to ensure that we reserve a place for your child and allocate a class for them. We are currently still in the process of meeting families on our waiting list to offer them places for next academic year.
If you are still to confirm the place for your child, please either contact the School Office directly (Khun Nisa, Khun Jeep or Mr Roy) or click on this link to enter this information via Google Form. We would appreciate it if you could provide this information to us by the end of next week.