St Andrews International School Bangkok prides itself on the fact that our teachers know their children very well. The atmosphere in the classes is one of warmth and security, a place where children should grow in confidence to take on even more challenging work and activities. Teachers work hard to create this stimulating environment through displays and ongoing work and topics studied. The following is a summary of expectations teachers have on themselves across our school.
Your job contracts may have additional responsibilities.
Learning, development and teaching:
- To be responsible for the educational care and development of a class of children in accordance with the philosophy of the School’s curriculum programme.
- To employ appropriate teaching methods to facilitate learning in accordance with the age, stage, aptitude and ability of the children in your care. To keep up-to-date with current educational practices and theory.
- To be aware of the needs of children in your class through close observations and to provide appropriate activities for the needs of the individual children.
- To educate the children so that they become lively thinking and responsive individuals by providing differentiated experiences in all areas development.
- To meet with parents to discuss the individual children’s progress and to provide the parents with written individual reports in accordance with school policy.
Professional team member:
- To be involved in team meetings as required and providing evidence of learning and development planning to Heads of Phase in required format.
- To be involved with the supervision and instruction of support staff as required.
- To implement the School’s assessment and reporting procedures.
- To work as a member of a team, providing information and assistance with the continuous provision and enhancing the continuous provision which appropriately challenge the diversity among the children in the year group.
- At times, work as a member of a team, providing information and assistance with the planning of integrated special activities involving children from different classes/year groups.
- To participate in professional development sessions as arranged by the School.
- To implement procedures adopted by the School and readily adapt in response to developments and new initiatives. (driving new initiatives)
- To maintain adequate record keeping procedures in keeping with school policies and good Educational Practice. These should be relevant to the age of your students.
- To attend staff meetings and INSET and co-operate with other colleagues in all aspects of curriculum development and the corporate running of the School.
- The whole school community and environment:
- To make the school including your learning area a welcoming and stimulating environment that will encourage children to actively participate in all that is required of them.
- To provide opportunities for parents to feel welcome and part of the learning environment.
- To participate in extra-curricular activities once a week.
- To support promotional activities associated with the advancement of the School.
- To be an ambassador for the School in the wider local and global community.
- To promote the House system within the school and organise one House activity per year.
All teachers are also expected to contribute positively to the extra-curricular programme, which runs after school, offering an extra-curricular activity that either supports or extends the students’ learning, or from another area of interest.
Our school has a good reputation of supporting children with special educational needs and experience of teaching children with ADHD, mild autism, dyslexia etc. would be very good prior experience for a teacher wishing to join our team.
St Andrews is committed to ensuring the safety of all our students, and expects all staff to share the same commitment (see our Child Protection Code of Conduct). No teacher will be appointed without at least two references, including one from the most recent employer, a ten year criminal record check and relevant regional Prohibition Order/DBS checks.
The closing date for application is 21st December 2018.
If you would like to apply for a position at our school please complete the application process through Jobtrain.
If you require any further information, please email email@example.com.
St Andrews International School Bangkok
9 Pridi Banomyong 20/1, Sukhumvit Soi 71
Watthana, Bangkok 10110 Thailand