We are seeking a clinical/educational Psychologist to provide Clinical management of our Well Being Clinic based on site at St Andrews International School Bangkok (High School). The Well Being Clinic will provide assessment, planning and intervention for students of St Andrews who face emotional, social or developmental challenges. The clinic will also be accessible to families from outside the school community during weekend/twilight opening hours.
The successful candidate will be an experienced psychologist with a commitment to clinical excellence and ideally some supervisory or management experience. This role gives a perfect opportunity to move into a management role while still being able to work in direct practice and foster strong therapeutic relationships.
Referrals for the services in the Well Being Clinic will come from the school community via the Pastoral/SEN departments during the day and self-referrals from the public in and out of school hours.
- Doctoral level training in Clinical Psychology accredited by the British Psychology Service or equivalent. The British Psychological Society or Health Care Professionals Council;
- Post-doctoral training in specialised areas of practice/assessment for young people with complex needs.
- Experience of mental health and educational assessments and treatment of children 2-18 years;
- Experience of working in multicultural setting; understanding the sensitivity of approaching mental health issues and learning difficulties in different cultures;
- Experience of educational systems;
- Experience of Multi agency working; being able to coordinate between different providers;
- Experience of case management;
- Experience of working with young people with complex needs;
- Experience of working with a Psychiatrist and has an understanding of medication and treatment used.
- Skills in using the methods of mental health assessment and interventions in children and young people, including standardised assessments and psychometrics;
- Skills in the assessment of developmental, family, school based and interpersonal factors for children and young people;
- Knowledge of the theory and practice of psychological interventions for child mental health issues such as depression, self-harm, anxiety, disordered eating, OCD etc.;
- Knowledge and skills in the assessment and intervention of young people with Special Education Needs;
- Ability to coordinate interventions for children and young in STA. To oversee the delivery of interventions based in the well being clinic;
- Ability to work with colleagues, young people and families with empathy, discretion, support and in keeping with codes of confidentiality;
- Able to work with flexibility and open mindedness.
- Manage the intake process and case management of the young people that access the Well Being Clinic;
- Provide psychological services to young people; assessment, planning and intervention;
- Supervise the work of the therapist within the Well Being Clinic;
- Coordinate with the pastoral systems within school;
- To develop and train staff at St Andrews on appropriate interventions and skills which can support their teaching;
- To run groups for the community to support with parenting/development of young people;
- To assist with the development of IEPs within the SEN department or assist with the HS/PS Pastoral counselors;
- To work within the code of conduct for St Andrews staff and all Child safeguarding policies;
- To be able to work flexibly, hours will depend on needs. This role is not solely for school hours;
- To network and engage with services from around the city or region.
St Andrews is committed to ensuring the safety of all our students, and expects all staff to share the same commitment (see our Child Protection Code of Conduct). No teacher will be appointed without at least two references, including one from the most recent employer, a ten year criminal record check and relevant regional Prohibition Order/DBS checks.
If you would like to apply for a position at our school please complete the application process here.
If you require any further information, please email email@example.com. The closing date for applications is Friday 15th June 2018, with applications being reviewed as they are received.