St Andrews International School Bangkok is seeking an enthusiastic Speech and Language Therapist who is looking to grow and develop their skills alongside our strong existing team and have a positive impact on our students. You will be part of our multi-disciplinary therapy team and will receive CPD opportunities and peer supervision. We currently have a Speech and Language Therapist, an Art Therapist, Play Therapist, Dyslexia Specialists, Specialist Teachers and an Occupational Therapist and we are expanding this professional body next academic year.
St Andrews is a happy and supportive learning environment for children aged 3-18. We are an inclusive school, with a high needs programme including children with a wide range of diverse needs and integrating them into the mainstream classes as much as possible. We aim to deliver functional and integrated therapy across the school working closely with teaching and support staff.
We are seeking a Speech and Language Therapist who has the following experience and skills:
- AAC - Augmentative and Alternative Communication (including high tech and PECS / Makaton);
- ADHD - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder;
- Social Communication Disorders including ASD;
- Other SEND eg Cerebral Palsy, Downs Syndrome and General Global Delay;
- SLI and EAL - Specific Language Impairment and English as an Additional Language;
- Speech processing delays and disorders including dysfluency;
- Formal and informal assessment including feedback and reports;
- Ability to build good working relationships with children, teachers, parents and carers;
- Working within a school setting / SEND inclusive setting 3-18 years;
- Ability to provide training for TAs and LSAs;
- A positive a very flexible attitude are a must.
Applicants must have a relevant degree in Speech and Language Therapy and it would be beneficial to be (or have been) HCPC and RCSLT registered. You must have completed your NQT competencies.
St Andrews is committed to ensuring the safety of all our students, and expects all staff to share the same commitment (see our Child Protection Code of Conduct). No teacher will be appointed without at least two references, including one from the most recent employer, a ten year criminal record check and relevant regional Prohibition Order/DBS checks.
If you require any further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is Friday 15 June 2018, with applications being reviewed as they are received.