- To provide general laboratory, logistical and operational support and supervision.
- To assist teachers in managing and maintaining the science labs, as well as keeping them in good working order by completing inventories, replenishing stock and supplies and cleaning and repairing equipment.
- To provide administrative support for Science Teachers. For example: making copies, filing etc.
- To prepare materials and apparatus for Physics, Biology and Chemistry experiments. This includes working with electrical equipment (such as oscilloscopes and spectrometers), chemicals, biological specimens and other resources.
- A Degree in Physics, Biology, Chemistry or another Science subject.
- Preferably possess Lab Technician Certification (for example, Certificate for Laboratory Technicians).
- Have at least 1 year experience working in a school environment, preferably at the IGCSE or IB Diploma Programme level.
- Be an effective communicator in oral and written English.
- Have strong organisational skills
- Be flexible and adaptable - to able to work as part of a team and be willing to learn new skills but also show initiative and tackle issues as they arise.
St Andrews is committed to ensuring the safety of all our students, and expects all staff to share the same commitment (see our Child Protection Code of Conduct).
If you require any further information, please email email@example.com">firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is Tuesday 31 July 2018, with applications being reviewed as they are received.