St Andrews International School Bangkok is an inclusive school that prides itself on the fact that teachers know their children very well. The atmosphere in the classes is one of warmth and security, a place where children grow in confidence and take on challenging work and activities.
We are looking for an energetic and experienced person to coordinate the Learning Support program across Key Stage Two.
Purpose of the post:
To provide/coordinate an appropriate and effective range of support for mainstream children who have additional learning needs. Reports to the SENCO and the Head of Key Stage 2.
• Effective communication between all parties involved with the education of an individual child with learning needs to ensure everyone is aware of challenges and interventions.
• Working closely with other relevant specialists, e.g., educational psychologists, occupational therapists, speech and language therapists, in conjunction with the Head of Phase.
• Preparing (in conjunction with specialists and class teacher), implementing, monitoring and reviewing IEPs, and therefore student progress.
• To conduct reviews and meet formally and informally with parents teachers and specialists to discuss children’s progress and to provide parents with written reports in accordance with school policy.
• Develop programmes to meet the needs of individuals’ and groups of children with learning and other needs.
• To support the Head of Phase by keeping the provision map up-to-date.
• Developing appropriate documentation regarding Learning Support policy and procedure.
• Maintaining and developing adequate record keeping procedures in keeping with school policies and good educational practices.
• Employing appropriate differentiated teaching methods to facilitate learning in accordance with age/stage and needs of your students.
• To support class teachers in providing for the needs of children with learning and other needs.
• To promote the work of the learning support department through INSET for teaching staff and information sessions for parents.
• To support Learning Support Assistants in their planning
• To be an ambassador for the school in the wider local and global community.
St Andrews is committed to ensuring the safety of all our students, and expects all staff to share the same commitment (see our Child Protection Code of Conduct). No teacher will be appointed without at least two references, including one from the most recent employer, a ten-year criminal record check and relevant regional Prohibition Order/DBS checks.
The closing date for applications is 1st February 2019.
If you would like to apply for a position at our school please complete the application process through Jobtrain.
If you require any further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
St. Andrews International School Bangkok, Primary School
9 Pridi Banomyong 20/1, Sukhumvit Soi 71
Watthana, Bangkok 10110 Thailand