Learning Support Teacher
Purpose of the post:
To work in conjunction with the Learning Support Coordinator to ensure all children on the register have appropriate provision.
Report to relevant Learning Support Co-ordinator and Heads of Phase
The following general responsibilities as for a class teacher:-
• To employ appropriate teaching methods to facilitate learning in accordance with the age, stage, aptitude and ability of the children in your care. To keep up-to-date with current educational practices and theory.
• To be involved in planning meetings as required and submit planning to Heads of Phase in the required format.
• To be involved with the supervision and instruction of support staff as required.
• To implement the school’s assessment and reporting procedures.
• To participate in and deliver professional development sessions
• To maintain record keeping procedures in keeping with school policies and good Educational Practice. These should be relevant to the age of your students.
• To make the school a welcoming and stimulating environment that will encourage children to actively participate in all that is required of them.
• To meet with parents to discuss the children’s progress and to provide the parents with written reports in accordance with school policy.
• To participate in extra curriculum activities once a week.
• To be an ambassador for the school in the wider local and global community.
• Preparing (in conjunction with specialists and class teacher), implementing, monitoring and reviewing IEPs and therefore student progress.
All teachers are also expected to contribute positively to the extra-curricular programme, which runs after school, offering an extracurricular activity that either supports or extends the students’ learning, or from another area of interest. Our school has a good reputation of supporting children with special educational needs and experience of teaching children with ADHD, mild autism, dyslexia etc. would be very good prior experience for a teacher wishing to join our team.
St Andrews is committed to ensuring the safety of all our students, and expects all staff to share the same commitment (see our Child Protection Code of Conduct). No teacher will be appointed without at least two references, including one from the most recent employer, a ten-year criminal record check and relevant regional Prohibition Order/DBS checks. The closing date for applications is 30th April 2019.
If you would like to apply for a position at our school please complete the application process through Jobtrain, accessible via the Careers page on the Nord Anglia Education website: https://www.nordangliaeducation.com/careers/.
If you require any further information, please email email@example.com.
St Andrews International School Bangkok,
Primary School 9 Pridi Banomyong 20/1,
Sukhumvit Soi 71 Watthana, Bangkok 10110 Thailand