St Andrews International School Bangkok is an international school that believes in a fully inclusive education. In addition to mainstream learners, we cater for children with Special Educational Needs and are looking for a caring professional with relevant experience and qualifications in the area of special education.
The successful candidate will be:
A qualified Special Educational Needs teacher who would be responsible for providing individual support to pupils with learning disabilities which prevent them from accessing mainstream education.
They will need to have:
Worked with Primary aged SEN children with specific learning difficulties such as Asperger’s syndrome, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and Down's Syndrome and be willing to work with physically disabled pupils, and those with psychological, emotional and social disabilities. Knowledge of specialist equipment and software would be beneficial.
The work as SEN teacher at St Andrews is varied and challenging and the successful candidate will show:
● Commitment to working with children with special education needs.
● An ability to work closely, sensitively and confidently with parents on a range of issues relating to a child’s progress and needs.
● A willingness to intervene when needed, sometimes physically, to ensure safety in the learning environment.
● An ability to coordinate with other professionals, such as speech and language therapists, physiotherapists and or educational psychologists.
● The flexibility to respond to the needs of the children and adapt or change plans accordingly.
Education and experience.
● Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in the appropriate field and minimum 2 years’ experience.
● Experience in assessing learning disorders.
● Experience in education special needs students.
● Proven effective classroom and students behavior management skills.
● Knowledge of currents special education practice and methodologies.
● Knowledge of tracking behaviour and episodes of severity and engagement level.
● Knowledge of addressing sensory issues.
St Andrews is committed to ensuring the safety of all our students, and expects all staff to share the same commitment (see our Child Protection Code of Conduct). No teacher will be appointed without at least two references, including one from the most recent employer, a ten year criminal record check and relevant regional Prohibition Order/DBS checks.
If you would like to apply for a position at our school please complete the application process through Jobtrain, accessible via the Nord Anglia Education website: https://www.nordangliaeducation.com/careers/.
If you require any further information, please email email@example.com The closing date for applications is 30th April 2019, with applications being reviewed as they are received.
St Andrews International School Bangkok
9 Pridi Banomyong 20/1, Sukhumvit Soi 71 Watthana,
Bangkok, 10110 Thailand