St Andrews International School is seeking to recruit a passionate, innovative, dynamic, flexible and well-rounded PE practitioner to teach gymnastics within our PE curriculum and lead our hugely popular Gymnastics ECA Programme. We would like a teacher who will inspire children to have a passion for being physically active and to be part of the gymnastics programme. They will be in charge of the planning, implementing and evaluating the gymnastics curriculum. Ensuring the provision of an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant, fun and differentiated Gymnastics Programme, in accordance with the philosophy and objectives of St Andrews International School.
Learning, development and teaching:
- To take the lead role, in charge of implementing a high-quality gymnastics programme for the PE curriculum, extra-curricular and weekend programme
- To teach high-quality gymnastics curriculum lessons and ECA sessions.
- Leading the planning; producing, evaluating, developing and updating of curriculum policy documents and schemes of work (SoW) for relevant Key Stages.
- Leading the gymnastics coaching team in the planning, developing and evaluating of the gymnastics ECA and weekend programme.
- Overseeing the teaching, learning and monitoring of the delivery of the Australian Levels Development Programme.
- Report to the Head of PE and receive direction and guidance to collaboratively design, implement and review the gymnastics provision throughout the school.
- With direction and guidance from the Head of PE, to organise events for the different gymnastics teams.
- With direction and guidance from the Head of PE, build contacts to support the growth and development of the STA gymnastics programme.
- With direction and guidance from the Head of PE, to support the STARS curriculum (children with special education needs) by delivering lessons tailored to their needs.
- To support the PE department in events throughout the year and collaborate where necessary with all areas of sport.
Professional team member:
- To implement the School’s assessment and reporting procedures.
- To maintain adequate record-keeping procedures in keeping with school policies and good Educational Practice. These should be relevant to the age of your students.
- To work as a member of a team, providing information and assistance with the long, medium and short-term planning that is necessary to maintain high standards, differentiation, and continuity throughout the school.
- To participate in professional development sessions as arranged by the School.
- To attend staff meetings and INSET and cooperate with other colleagues in all aspects of curriculum development and the corporate running of the School.
- To implement procedures adopted by the School and readily adapt in response to developments and new initiatives.
The whole school community and environment:
- To make the school a welcoming and stimulating environment that will encourage children to actively participate in all that is required of them.
- To educate the children so that they become lively thinking and responsive individuals by providing differentiated experiences in all areas of the curriculum.
- To participate in extracurricular activities once a week.
- To support promotional activities associated with the advancement of the School.
- To be an ambassador for the School in the wider local and global community.
- To promote the House system within the school and organise one House activity per year.
All teachers are also expected to contribute positively to the extra-curricular programme, which runs after school, offering an extracurricular activity that either supports or extends the students’ learning, or from another area of interest. Our school has a good reputation of supporting children with special educational needs and experience of teaching children with ADHD, mild autism, dyslexia etc. would be very good prior experience for a teacher wishing to join our team.
St Andrews is committed to ensuring the safety of all our students, and expects all staff to share the same commitment (see our Child Protection Code of Conduct). No teacher will be appointed without at least two references, including one from the most recent employer, a ten-year criminal record check and relevant regional Prohibition Order/DBS checks.
If you would like to apply for a position at our school please click Apply Now. If you require any further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org .
This position has an employment start date of 1st August 2021. The closing date for applications is Friday 11th December 2020, with applications being reviewed as they are received.
St. Andrews International School Bangkok, Primary School
9 Pridi Banomyong 20/1, Sukhumvit Soi 71
Watthana, Bangkok 10110 Thailand