The use of technology is a hot topic in education at the moment. I firmly believe that technology should be used to further enhance student learning. I have visited schools where iPads have been little more than a very expensive substitute for exercise books.
Within Madinat Khalifa Primary, I feel we have found a good balance between the two, and I have witnessed some fantastic examples of technology being used to support and enhance student learning. I would encourage you to ask your children about how they use iPads and laptops in class.
I would like to share some examples from across Primary where students have used technology to showcase their learning.
- Year 6A planned, scripted and begun filming their own version of Dracula. They focussed on the use of sound effects and soundtrack, to add atmosphere and a sense of foreboding. Make sure you have the volume on to fully enjoy these mini-masterpieces!
Silent Film 1
Silent Film 2
More can be found on the YouTube channel!
- Year 5 kicked off their IPC topic in style using this powtoon movie
- Year 4 created their own animations based on the sci-fi book ‘Dr. Xargles’
- As part of their learning in Myths and Legends, students researched famous legends from around the world. This group focused on the Loch Ness Monster
- Loui in Year 1A is leaving Qatar and the whole class created their own unique farewell!
Congratulations to all the students who received a certificate for their outstanding learning in IPC this week.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Head of Primary, Madinat Khalifa