The use of technology is a hot topic in education at the moment. I firmly believe that technology should be used to further enhance student learning. I have visited schools where iPads have been little more than a very expensive substitute for exercise books.
Within Madinat Khalifa Primary, I feel we have found a good balance between the two, and I have witnessed some fantastic examples of technology being used to support and enhance student learning. I would encourage you to ask your children about how they use iPads and laptops in class.
I would like to share some examples from across Primary where students have used technology to showcase their learning.
- Year 6A planned, scripted and begun filming their own version of Dracula. They focussed on the use of sound effects and soundtrack, to add atmosphere and a sense of foreboding. Make sure you have the volume on to fully enjoy these mini-masterpieces!
Silent Film 1
Silent Film 2
More can be found on the YouTube channel!
- Year 5 kicked off their IPC topic in style using this powtoon movie
- Year 4 created their own animations based on the sci-fi book ‘Dr. Xargles’
- As part of their learning in Myths and Legends, students researched famous legends from around the world. This group focused on the Loch Ness Monster
- Loui in Year 1A is leaving Qatar and the whole class created their own unique farewell!
Many more examples can be found on our Facebook, Twitter and Class Dojo pages.
Congratulations to all the students who received a certificate for their outstanding learning in IPC this week.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Head of Primary, Madinat Khalifa