As Spring Term comes to a close, so do many of the Primary class topics. It has been great to see the variety of ways in which the students have showcased their learning.
- Year 4 marked the end of their ‘Active Planet’ topic by researching various volcanos, creating a model and using a variety of liquids to create realistic volcanic eruptions.
- Our Year 3 students used their knowledge of rainforest fruits to create their own delicious rainforest smoothies. Their Rainforest Café was a huge success, the students sold their rainforest-inspired sweet treats to both Primary and Secondary students.
- Earlier in the term, Year 1 celebrated their ‘Circus’ topic with a fantastic all-singing all-dancing show for parents and students alike.
- Year 5 wrapped up their ‘Myths and Legends’ topic with a shadow puppet show, retelling a number of mythical stories from around the globe. It was great to have so many Year 5 parents at the show, watching the students showcase their learning in such a fun and interesting way.
- Year 6 have been studying ‘Natural Disasters’ and were set the challenge to design a disaster prevention machine. Each group of students then had to pitch their inventions and answer challenging questions from the remaining groups.
- Last week Year 2 began their new topic ‘Sensational’. The students will learn about the five senses during their IPC and English lessons. The Entry Point involved students completing various activities where they were deprived of each one of the senses, these included blindfolded taste tests, miming instructions and many other fun challenges!
What happens in a Year 1 mathematics lesson? Watch this time-lapse video of the students as they collect and present data for their pictograms.
On Wednesday afternoon, Year 3 and 4 held a pizza and games afternoon, which was a great way to build teamwork and get to know children from a different year group. The students were very excited about the event and the teachers planned some great activities. What a lovely way to end the term and with some tasty slices of pizza! Thank you to the teachers for giving their time to make this an enjoyable afternoon for all.
The Spring Term reports went home with our students on Tuesday afternoon. If you have any questions or would like to find out more about your child’s progress, please contact the class teacher directly.
We would like to invite you into school at 7.30 a.m. on Wednesday, 26 April for a ‘Learning Technology’ parent workshop. Mr Allan will lead this session and provide you with information on how technology is used in school, and how you can use this at home to help support your child’s learning.
Have a wonderful and relaxing half term break. We look forward to welcoming the students back on Sunday, 23 April.
Head of Primary, Madinat Khalifa