On the last day of the half term, some students were recognised with a Praise Lunch. As well as celebrating achievement at Compass, we also acknowledge the effort students make in developing their character. We specifically work on developing our core values to have courage, to be ambitious, to have integrity, be respectful and to be open. We will be launching a new praise ‘golden ticket’ system after the half term, more details to come soon!
I thought I would use this as an opportunity for a few reminders:
- Uniform – students should wear shoes. Hoodies are not permitted, however, school jumpers can be purchased from the Unimart shop.
- Food – please send your child to school with a healthy lunch. Please note that MK is a nut free site.
- Medicine – the School Nurse cannot prescribe paracetamol. If your child needs it, then they should bring it in and the School Nurse can regulate the medication when given to her.
- Morning registration. Form time begins at 07:15. To allow time to go to the locker and walk upstairs, students should arrive at MK for 07:05.
- Absence – please email your child’s form tutor if they are going to be absent from school due to illness or at a medical appointment.
- Long-term absence – if there may be a planned absence, then the school's Absence Request Form should be completed. This can be requested from Main Reception.