To be considered for admission into the Arts Academy, students will complete the following three steps by March 1, 2021:
1) Application and Documents
- Online application
- Including Resume and Artist Statement
- Letter of recommendation from an arts professional or educator (outside of NBPS.)
2) Round 1 or Fine Arts Scholarship Process
- Performing Arts: Video (specific requirements below)
- Visual Arts: Portfolio (specific requirements below)
3) Live Audition/Interview by invitation
Live Audition/Interview by appointment
For Spring 2021, Auditions will take place in-person or virtually via Zoom.
Virtual Auditions will be scheduled between April 15 and May 8.
Virtual Callbacks will be scheduled for Saturday, May 16.
Round One Auditions
The first round of our selection process for Arts Academy candidates consists of a Pre-Screen Video audition or portfolio review. Theatre, Music, and Dance candidates will submit a pre-screen video audition and Visual Arts candidates will submit a portfolio. Candidate submissions should demonstrate their best work (see below requirements). All materials should be submitted by email to Robyn Hollander via youtube link or a link to a file-sharing service (i.e. google docs, dropbox, WeTransfer) by March 1, 2021.
Selection and Notification
Following the pre-screen review process, all candidates will be notified whether they will be invited to On-Campus auditions by Monday, March 15, 2021.