The Village School is proud to announce that students achieved strong results in the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme for the 2017/18 academic school year. Village high school student Angela Z. scored 44 out of 45 points, which is the highest in Village history. Alex L. also had a high score of 43 out of 45 points. Below are a few other highlights:
· 4 Level '7s' (top scores) in Math HL - average score was 5.29. The world average of 4.73.
· 4 Level '7s' (top scores) in English Literature SL - average score was 5.50. The world average is 5.05.
· All Spanish HL students scored a '6'
· Economics HL, Business Management HL and French HL all had 2 students who scored Level '7s'.
· In Economics, 16 students scored either a '7' or a '6'.
· The average score in French HL was 5.83, which is over half a level above the world average.
· In English B, 18 students either scored a '7' or a '6'.
· 15 students scored a '6' in Spanish SL.
· Record amount of A's scored in Theory of Knowledge.
Overall the school’s average pass rate was 88% and the average score was a 32. Way to go Vikings!
"I am delighted that we have a student attaining the Village School's highest ever diploma score with 44 points," High School Director Carl Newman said. "We also continue to score well in familiar areas and have made significant progress in others. We will continue to work hard to keep improving our IB program"
Andy Puttock, Education Director of Nord Anglia Education, said, “I am delighted by the outstanding IB diploma results achieved by our students this year. This excellent outcome is not only due to their efforts but also the incredible hard work put in by the school’s teachers throughout the year to ensure our children experience the best in learning.”
He added, “For eight consecutive years, students at Nord Anglia Education schools have exceeded the IB Diploma global average score. This is a testament to our Be Ambitious philosophy, highlighting that there is no limit to what our students can achieve.”
The International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme, commonly referred to as the IBDP, is a two-year education programme for students age 16-19. The programme is a widely accepted and recognized qualification for entry into higher education and universities worldwide. To learn more about the International Baccalaureate you can visit their website here.