Classroom Set Up, Classroom Protocols, Adapting the School Site, Managing Flow around the School and IT
Classroom Set Up
- Our classrooms will be adapted to allow for a currently assumed social distancing scenario of 1.5 meters, which will determine a maximum class size.
- Carpets and all objects difficult to clean will be removed.
- Where necessary transparent shields will be used to separate desks.
Classroom Protocols Classroom Set Up
- A daily procedure will be established for each classroom detailing how to enter and leave it and who is responsible for any cleaning.
- Strict limits will be placed on the use and sharing of toys, materials and resources.
- Desks will be arranged in such a way as to ensure social distancing rules are met.
- Any unnecessary furniture will be removed to maximize space.
Adapting the School Site
- Common spaces, including the Library and Farhangi Hall, will be taken over for use as classrooms.
- Rooms for teaching will be determined by the social distancing requirements and student numbers.
- Specialist rooms will continue to be used for their original purpose.
Managing Flow around the School
- The flow of people around the campus will be strictly managed to avoid contact and to ensure that correct distance is maintained at all times.
- Floor stickers and signage will impose a one-way system together with spacing to encourage students to keep their distance.
- In order to maintain an effective educational programme which may include the simultaneous use of virtual learning, additional training will be provided for staff. This will include the use of microphone installation for the recording of classes where necessary.
- Use of our digital learning platforms will continue together with video conference when and if required.
- We will reinforce the use of digital learning, minimising the use of personal equipment.