Pupils learn to appreciate different countries, cultures, communities and people. By making comparisons, they gain insight into their own culture and society.
The ability to understand and communicate in another language is a lifelong skill for education, employment and leisure in this country and throughout the world.
The study of languages at NAIS Manila includes:
- the spoken and written forms of the target language
- the interrelationship between sounds and writing in the target language
- the grammar of the target language and how to apply it
- a range of vocabulary and structures
- learning about different countries and cultures
- comparing pupils’ own experiences and perspectives with those of people in countries and communities where the target language is spoken
The school's Advanced Chinese Programme provides pupils who qualify with the opportunity to pursue Mandarin studies to a higher level and aim for a native level of spoken and written Mandarin.
In our Secondary School, students will have the option of studying either Mandarin, or other foreign languages such as French and Spanish.