A TeachMeet is when teachers meet in an informal setting and share their knowledge as well as discussing common topics. Tuesday’s TeachMeet was about a topic important to us all, Wellbeing. The teachers were treated to presentations and rondevals (a round the table discussion) all presented by their peer experts. Some of the topics of these informative presentations are listed below:
- Moving to a new country - culture shock and how to find help
- Work life balance
- 1-minute meditations - techniques for busy teachers to find a short oasis of calm at school or at home, to feel refreshed and refocused
- Brain breaks - drawn from a body of research, short activities to interject within a lesson, to energise and engage your students and improve performance and concentration levels
- Meditation and mindfulness
- Coaching techniques
- Benefits of aromatherapy and essential oils to health and well-being
- The positive effects of journaling for you and your students - how can journaling can be used to promote mindfulness and wellbeing?
- Wellbeing at BIS HCMC
- Getting off the sofa and back onto your feet - strategies and motivation for starting/restarting your fitness journey
The teachers also enjoyed a light supper together as they embedded their knowledge and understanding of such an important topic. It was a wonderful evening full of sharing, good company and lots of learning all round. We look forward to the learning continuing in the future.
Ms Rachel Stewart, Wellbeing Leader