At EY&IC the children enjoyed a fun filled friendship themed day!
Some of the activities included:
- Writing and posting a card to a friend
- Making bracelets to swap with friends in other classes
- A friendship feast shared between year group or class friends. Yummy!
- Year 1 came to school in plain white shirts and then filled them with positive affirmations of their friendships. Something they can keep forever and remember their BIS friends!
- Adding a leaf to the friendship tree/ board explaining who your friend is and why.
As well as being fun the day also had some serious learning themes:
- What characteristics to look for in a friend.
- How to be a good friend.
- What to do if someone says “I don’t want to be your friend anymore”
- What to do if someone disagrees with you.
- The importance of having friends who are different from you.
- Sharing - What does it mean? How do you do it?
Overall, the day left us feeling closer as a campus, with friends in our class, year group and all over the school!
Holly Johnson and Aziza Williams, PSHE leaders